NICK!

Narrator's POV

Joe and Zac were in their room together and Zac slapped Joe across his face.

"You little slut" Zac snarled at Joe.

Joe was looking anywhere but Zac. So Zac grabbed Joe's chin and forced him to look at him.

"Look at me you little-" Zac was interrupted by a loud knock at the door, followed shortly after with a steward peeking his head in.

"Sir, you both need to put your lifebelts on and come up to the boat deck" he hands them the lifebelts "I'm sure it's just a precaution. But it's Captain's orders"

In the A deck foyer

Joe hears the people talking and decides to butt in politely.

"I saw the iceburg. I can see it in your eyes. Tell me what's happening" Joe said firmly.

"The ship will sink" Mr. Andrews said.

"You're certain?" Joe asked, trying to hide his fear.

"Yes I am... about an hour or so... all this... will be at the bottom of the Atlantic" He said. Trying to keep calm.

Mr. Andrews leaves to tell passengers to put their lifebelts on.

On the Boat Deck

"Will the lifeboats be seated according to class? I hope their not too crowded" Joe's mother said smugly.

"Oh shut up mother! Don't you understand? The water is freezing and there aren't enough boats... not enough by half! Half of the people on this ship are going to die!" Joe said angrily.

"Not the better half" Zac said.

Joe froze. Nick is third class. He doesn't stand a chance.

"You unimaginable bastard!" Joe said in disbelief.

Joe's mom was already in the boat.

"Come on in sweetie" his mom said sweetly.

Joe stepped back, shaking his head.

"Joseph! Get in the boat" His mom pleaded.

"Goodbye mother!" Joe turns around and starts to make a run for Nick. Zac grabs Joe roughly.

"Where are you going? To him? To be that gutter rat's whore?" He snarls in Joe's face.

"I'd rather be his whore than your husband" he yanks away from Zac's grasp and runs. The only thought in his head was Nick.

Down on the corridor with the Master Of Arms room

Joe looked around. It was deserted.

"NICK? NICK????" Joe screamed for his lover.

Joe heard a voice.

"JOE??? I'm in here!" Nick yelled.

Joe pushes open the door to the Master Of Arms room. He splashed his way to where Nick is handcuffed to a pipe.

"Nick! Nick! I'm so sorry" Joe said

"That guy Anthony put it in my pocket!" Nick said to Joe.

"I know! I know" Joe said sadly.

"See if you can find a key for these handcuffs" Nick said.

Joe kisses Nick's face and starts going through the drawers.