You and me forever

Narrator's POV

Zac is searching the faces of the people lining the deck, looking for Joe. The deck is crammed with huddled people. He keeps walking towards the stern. A steward approaches him.

"You won't find any of your people down here sir, it's all steerage" He says.

Zac ignores him and starts looking under shawls and blankets at one bleak face after another.

Joe is sipping hot tea, his eyes focus on Zac as he approaches him. He barely recognises him. He looks like a refuge, his matted hair hanging in his eyes.

"Me and Nick lived. How awkward for you" Joe says

"Joe... your mother and I have been looking for you - " Zac starts to say

Joe holds up his hand, stopping him.

"Please don't... don't talk. We'll make a deal. From this moment, you do not exist for me, nor I for you. You shall not see me again and shall allow me and Nick to enjoy our life together. You will not attempt to find me.... is this any way unclear? " Joe says, fixing him a glare.

"What do I tell your mother?" Zac says.

"Tell her that her son died with the Titanic" He stands, turning away from him. Dismissing him.

"You are precious to me, Joe" Zac tells him.

"Jewels are precious. Goodbye Zachary." Joe snaps.

After a moment, Zac turns and walks away.

Later

An immigration officer comes up to Joe.

"Name?" He asks

"Jonas. Joseph Jonas" Joe replies.

The officer nods and goes away and Joe hears a quiet but strong voice behind him.

"Joey?" The voice said

Joe recognised that voice. He turned and his eyes landed on the love of his life.

"Nicky!!!!" Joe runs up to him and they share a long, heartfelt hug. They stayed like that for a while. No words were needed to be said. 

They had each other now. It was just him and Nick. There was no one to get in the way in their relationship. 

If it's you and me forever

If it's you and me right now

That'd be alright

Be alright 

If we chase our stars to lose our shadows

Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine

So won't you fly with me

This chapter was shorter than I thought :/ sorry guys.

I'm thinking of doing a little sequel chapter though, what do you think?