I'm flying

Narrator's POV

Nick is stood there right at the apex of the bow railing, his favorite spot. He closes his eyes, letting the chill wind clear his head.

"Hello Nick" Joseph said.

Nick turns and he's right there behind him. Nick smiles at Joe, his eyes drawing him in. His cheeks are red with the chill wind and Joe's eyes sparkle as his hair blows with the wind.

"Kevin said that you might be up-....."  Joe started

"Shhhhh. Come here" Nick cut him off.

He puts his hands on his waist as if he was going to kiss him.

"Close your eyes" Nick whispered gently.

He does, and Nick turns him to face forward, the way the ship is going. He presses Joe gently to the rail, standing right behind him. Then he takes his two hands and raises them until he is standing with his arms outstretched on each side. Joe goes along with him. When Nick lowers his hands, Joe's arms stay up... like wings.

"Okay, open your eyes" Nick said.

Joe opens his eyes and gasps. There is nothing in his shield of vision but water. It's like there's no ship under them at all, just the two of them soaring. The Atlantic unrolls towards him, a hammered copper shield under a dusk sky. There is only the wind and the hiss of the water 50 feet below them.

"I'm flying!" Joe said happily. He leans forward, arching his back. Nick put his hands on Joe's waist to steady him.

"Come Josephine in my flying machine..." Nick sang softly

Joe closes his eyes, feeling himself floating weightlessness far above the sea. He smiles dreamily, gently pressing his back into Nick's chest. Nick pushes forward slightly against him.

Slowly Nick raises his hands, arms outstretched and they meet Joe's... fingertips gently touching. Their fingers intertwine. Moving slowly, their fingers carass through and around each other like the bodies of two lovers.

Nick tips his face forward onto Joe's blowing hair, letting the scent of Joe wash over him, until his cheek is against his ear.

Joe turns his head until his lead are near his. He lowers his arms, turning further, until he finds his mouth with Nick's. Nick wraps his arms around Joe's waist from behind, and they kiss like this with his head tilted back, surrendering to Nick, to the emotion, to the inevitable. They kiss, slowly and tremulous, and then with building passion.