shocking news

2 months later

The last two months were actually pretty nice. All the training and tasks distracted Y/n. Fury did hestitate to let a 15 year old girl join SHIELD but eventually gave in. She wouldn't join missions till she had trained enough. Currently she lived in the SHIELD head-quater but it was only temporary. Y/n hadn't met any of the avengers yet but it didn't bother her. She understood Fury's worries.

Her day had a good routine. She would stand up around 6am, eat breakfast and drink a coffee. After that she would go for a run and then she'd get tasks from Fury like checking some files and of course something to do for school. Then there was usually one training session of 60 minutes and then she could do what she wanted to do.

However, when she woke up this morning, she knew that today would be different. Through the white certains the light of the sun softly lighted the room and spread a comfortable mood. Y/n stood up and went to the coffee mashine in her room. Her room was pretty minimalistic. Most of the funiture was white. She had a big bed, a closet for her clothes, a desk, a fluffy carpet and some flowers. She sat back in her bed and checked her emails on her phone.

She was a little surprised as she saw a message from Fury. Normally he wrote her around 1pm. She quickly opened it:

Good Morning Y/n, I got some special news and I would like to introduce you to them as soon as possible. Please come to my office after you see this message.

The girl was now a little confused but followed the instructions in the message anyways. She quickly put on some grey sweatpants and a white top and then made her way to Furys office. On the way she saw lots of agents. They all smiled at her and she happily returned it. It was nice to always have other people around her and surprisingly literally everyone was nice to her.

As she arrived she slowly opened the door.
"Ah Y/n. Come in." Fury said as he noticed the girl. Y/n let myself sink into the chair on the other side of his desk. "You wanted to talk to me." "Yes. I got some news. First of all, I found a place where you'll live. You probably understand that you can't stay here. But don't worry, I found the perfect place for you to stay. It's actually in a family with 3 kids. There's a girl, 12 years old, and then two boys, 3 and 15 years old." Y/n looked at him unsure what to think of that. It sounded really nice but she wasn't really convinced that she was ready for something like that. It would be like a new family and considering the fact of what happened to her real one. "You don't have to worry, you'll continue your training. Besides, the father of the children is a SHIELD agent, too. You will pack your things today and he will fetch you up tomorrow morning. Now to the second point on my list."

Y/n watched his face become more serious and instinctly straightend up. "You saw the file I sent you yesterday, right?" She nodded. "Good. So you know about the tesseract?" Y/n nodded once again. "Great. Well, then you know that Thor took it with him and Loki to Asgard. Before that happened I managed to save some energy from it. You can't tell anyone about it! It's top secret information." He looked her straight in the eyes. "Alright. I won't tell anyone about it. But whats the point of telling me anyways?" she then asked, getting curious. "Thanks for asking. Well, we made a lot of test and had top scientists looking at it and we think that it's possible to let a person absorb the energy. It's rsiky and you really don't have to agree with me but I thought you could be that person. It would give you the ability of telekinesis, energy manipulation, controlling the elements and you might even be able to see certain memories of other people. However we are not completly sure if it really works."

Y/n sat there in shook. She didn't really undertsood why he thought of her. She was just a girl. "Why...why me? Wouldn't it be better to take a trained agent...a grown-up?" "The scientist said that the energy must be absorbed by a teenager. A grown-up is already fully developed so it would be harder for the body to connect the energy with the DNA. However, a child is still in it's developing phase so there are better chances for a better connection." Fury explained.

The girl looked at him, still shocked. It passed 5 minutes were neither of them said a word. Y/n's mind slowly started to process the information, yet she was surpried by the words that were coming out of her mouth.

"I'm in."