A casual memory

Y/n woke up at 10am the next morning. She groand as the light hit her eyes. She usally did woke up earlier but the night before, she just couldn't fall asleep. Her mind wouldn't let her new powers go. The girl let out a frustrated sigh as she sat up in the comfortable bed.

She looked around the room with no real intention as her eyes fell on the coffee mashine. She mentally debated if she should get a nice hot cup of coffee or if she should just stay in her bed. Indeed, it was a really hard decision for her. After 5 minutes she finally managed to drag herself out of bed and to the mashine. She quickly took a sip of the hot drink and closed her eyes.

Today she would do a training session with some trainers to see what powers she got and how she could control them. That would be around 11am. At 1pm her - well -  her new family will fetch her up.

Y/n still couldn't quite agree with the fact of calling it that way but it still somehow brought her comfort. She actually missed living in a house. Deep in her, something ached for the comforting feeling of home, of family. She didn't want to forget that. After all, she was just a 15 year old girl.

She put on her training clothes and after reading a little in her current book and slowly made her way to the gym. As she arrived there, she noticed 3 men and 1 woman stand there. Y/n was about to head out of the room assuming she confused the time as she recognized them.

She was in the same room with Tony Stark, Bruce Banner, Steve Rogers and Natasha Romanoff. The girl's jaw dropped and she lost all ability to think let alone move. That was when the most famous people in America noticed that a person had entered the room. They stopped talking and looked at the girl.

"There you are kid. You must be Y/n." Tony was the first to speak up with an amused smile. "Yeah-yeah that would be-be me" Y/n stuttered. "Nice to meet you! Fury told us so much about you!" Natasha now said with a warm smile. She went up to the shocked girl and hold out her hand. Y/n took it hesitant and returned a stiff smile. Tony chuckled and decided to explain what they were doing there. "Well, Fury told us about the experiment. We're here to train you and if it's working out well, it won't take long for you to join us on missions." Gladly Fury entered the room just then, so Y/n didn't have to say something.

"Ah, I see you already met." "Yes, seems so." Y/n confirmed, slowly finding her ability to speak and think again. "Great! So, I called Bruce and Tony in, so they could help us finding out what your powers exactly are, and Steve and Natasha to help you in your physical skills." Fury briefly explained.

And that was when the training session started. Tony looked up the data of Y/n on his phone. After that he and Bruce started discussing about how the girl could activate her powers. Meanwhile Natasha taught her some basics for fighting without any kind of weapon. After a while, Steve joined. They all warmed up pretty fast and Y/n was very happy of how easily she was welcomed in the group. After about 45 minutes, Tony and Bruce interrupt the training.

"I think we know how you can activate your powers" Tony stated like it was the most usual thing on the world. The next thing Y/n knew was how she was staring at the white wall of the training room. All eyes were on her. The current theory was that she had to think of something that meant a lot to her.

The girl took a deep breath and closed her eyes. Her arms were outstretched on the sides of her. It wasn't easy. She stood there for almost 10 minutes. Y/n tried to think of something other then her family but it soon frustrated her so she did in anyways. A memory came to her head in which she sat at the table in her old house. Her father, Spencer and Louis were there, too. It was a normal evening. There was nothing special about it, absolutely nothing. However Y/n's heart immediately warmed up. They were laughing about something Louis had said and the evening sun lightened the room in a warm tone. A slight smile appeared on the girls face and she felt something running through her veins from her heart in the direction of her arms. She didn't fought against it. She just let it be, she let herself sink into the comfortable feeling of the memory. It was so casual...so careless.

As she opened her eyes she saw light blue energy flowing around - wait no - out of her hand. She let out a chuckle of relief. It worked...

 It worked