the transformation

"I'm in."

Fury looked at her with a surprised face. "Let's do it then." He said with a slight smile and started walking out of the room. Y/n was a little taken back but quickly followed Fury. She couldn't really comprehend everything that she had been told. She didn't thought it would happen right away. A strange feeling in her chest appeared as she tried to keep up pace with Fury. Y/n couldn't really tell if it was excitment or nervousness...probably a little of both. Fury led her through the whole building till they arrived in the basement where she has never been before.

They entered a huge hall with many smart looking people in it. They all were busy with looking at some monitors so they didn't notice the two of them. Y/n finally could catch her breath as Fury stopped at a table. There were many mashines Y/n had seen in hospitals before. "I see you've said yes." A female voice appeared.

Y/n turned around and saw a woman, maybe in her 30s, in a medical scrub. She had put her brown hair in a high ponytail and around her neck, she wore an ID which said that her name was Dr. Calliope Fox. "It's nice to finally meet you Y/n. I'm Dr. Fox and I'm in charge of the transformation. Are you feeling well?" She asked the girl with a sympathetic smile. Y/n was still overwhelmed with the current situation so she just nodded. "Alright! Please lay down on the table." The Doctor continued with the same smile. She motioned to the table with her right hand and Y/n did what she had been told.

More and more people gathered around the table. A man had a box with him and as he opened it Y/n saw two phials in it, filled with some kind of blue material. The girl assumed it was the energy of the tesseract/space stone Fury talked about. The man gave them to Dr. Fox, who took them carefully. Meanwhile another woman connected Y/n to the mashines which stated the vitals of her.

"Y/n. We will begin to give you the energy now. It will burn a little but it shouldn't be all too bad. Are you ready?" Dr. Fox explained. Y/n gulped and nodded. She watched as a needle was connected to the phial. The girl shut her eyes as she felt the needle touching her arm where normally blood would be taken. Dr. Fox was right about the burn, but surprisingly she didn't feel pain at all. The same procedure happened on the other arm with the second phial. Everyone stopped doing what they just did and looked at the girl.

At first Y/n didn't feel anything and right when she thought that it didn't work, the pain hit. She groaned as she felt something going through her veins. She shut her eyes forcefully, once again, and waited for it to stop. Her head ached and she heared the monitor with her vitals beeping. Memories flashed by. Y/n playing with her brothers, cooking with her grandma, funerals, the day Fury called her, the day she came in the HQ of SHIELD and everything till this very day...

And then her muscles relaxed. As she opened her eyes everybody took a step back due to her eyes which were glowing in a light blue. It didn't took long for them to return to Y/n's normal eye-color. The beeping had stopped and the girl saw how everybody sighed in relieve. She actually didn't feel that different after all. She still felt something cold running through her veins and she had the feeling of being stronger than before but that was it.

Fury wanted her to take a break for the rest of the day. As she sat in her room, she started packing things for tomorrow and listend to Taylor Swift while doing so. However, she couldn't help but felt excited to try out her new powers...