the calm before the storm

"Let the Afterparty begin"

Tony turned around smirking. Y/n heard some sighs, however, once again, no one disagreed. Maybe it was because they knew they deserved a pause, maybe it was because Tony was so convinced about it or maybe something in them sensed that it was the calm before the storm...

They all sat down on the couch were Thor and Y/n were already sitting. "How about we start with 'Never have I ever'" Tony suggested with the same smirk as before. "What are we? 18?" Natasha asked with a smile. Y/n cleared her throat. "Oh my god, sorry" Nat immediately apologized but couldn't hide the grin. Y/n couldn't help but burst out in laughter and next thing she knows is that everybody joined it.

The next few hours were great. They just had to break the ice at the beginning. They played Never Have I Ever, Truth or Dare, Who am I, Guess the movie, Guess the person, etc.. It was really fun.

It was almost 1am as they started trying to lift Thor's hammer. When it was Tony's turn and he tried literally everything and still didn't succeed, they all started laughing. No one came even close to lift it - except for Steve. Thor and Y/n were to only ones who noticed the little lift Steve managed. However, he let it down quickly and said that he couldn't do it. Thor smiled in relief what made Y/n chuckle.

"Your turn Y/n." Thor said as Nat refused to try it. "Alright." The girl said with a chuckle and lifted herself up of the couch. "You're all not worthy" Thor stated amused. Right when she was about to touch the handle, there was an explosion which through all of them back.

Y/n landed hard on her back. She turned her head to the side and let out a groan. She heard mumbled talking behind the loud ringing in her ears. Everything in front of her was in a blur and as she touched the back of her head she felt a warm liquid - blood.

The girl grunted as she lifted herself up on her feet. The ringing slowly stopped and she could see clearly now but her head was aching. She looked around the room and saw that everyone was back on their feet.

There was nothing. 'Maybe Tony and Bruce forgot something in the lab...' Y/n thought to herself, trying to fool herself.

Then, a sound appeared. It sounded like magnets coming near to electric machines. It stopped really fast tho. 'Too fast' it echoed through Y/n's mind.

Another sound. Metal against metal. Everyone slowly turned their head in direction lab. Out of the door, a destroyed Ironman-Suit appeared.

"No...how could you?" A croaky voice started speaking. It caused Y/n to shiver. "How could you be worthy. You're all killers." The suit limped towards them. "Stark." Steve didn't turn his look away of the creature. He had a cut along his cheek but otherwise he was okay.

Tony took out his phone. "Jarvis?"

"I'm sorry...I was asleep or I was a dream..." the grating voice continued. Stark mumbled something to Jarvis. "...there was this noise and...and I was tangled in-in strings..." Y/n didn't wanna be in the room anymore. The voice sounded dead as if everything evil in this world was behind it. Everyone looked at the suit with a confused but worried expression.

"I had to kill the other guy. He was a good guy." It stated casually what made the Avengers tense up. "You killed someone?" Steve asked trying to keep his voice calm and low. "Wouldn't have been my first call but down in the real world we're faced ugly choices." Y/n hands clenched to fists as she tried to control her raising anger. "Who sent you?" Thor then asked the question which bothered everyone's mind.

The thing started to play a voicemail of Stark. "Ultron" Bruce stated and the rest of the group watched Bruce and Tony confused. As the voice continued talking Y/n's vision started to blur once again and her head was aching pretty bad. She hold on to the little table which was standing next to her. Y/n only understood little things as there was the ringing again "mission....peace of our time.

Then other suits of Stark attacked the group. There was shooting and breaking. Y/n tried her best to fight but with her blurred vision she couldn't do much. She managed to pull herself under a table and hide. After a while it got quiet again and the thing started talking again. Y/n was on the edge of passing out but had to hear what it had to say.

"I'm sorry, I know you mean well. You just didn't think it through. You want to protect the world but you don't want it to change. How is humanity saved if it's not allowed to... evolve? With these? These puppets. There's only one path to peace. The Avengers' extinction". Then a loud bang appeared and it got quiet.

Right before Y/n passed out she heated the voice say something again. "I had strings, but now I'm free." Y/n got goosebumps all over her body and then everything turned black.

One last thought echoed through Y/n's mind.
The calm before the storm.