Cherry throwing

3 years later (2015)
It was a warm summer morning. The sun rose over the hills and gently shone on the fields around the farmhouse which was completely isolated from civilization and located off-the-grid. The residents in it slowly started to wake up to the sound of birds singing.

It's been 3 years since Y/n moved here and she'd never be able to thank Fury for it. The Barton Family had accepted her quickly and she felt welcomed since day one. Lila and Y/n got along very well. Y/n loved to help the now 15 year old girl with homework and other stuff, but somehow they always ended up talking about actors in their favorite movies. Cooper and Y/n however, were feared by the whole house. The 18 year old children started to prank the other family members the day Y/n moved in and they haven't stopped yet. Nathaniel turned incredible 6 last week.

[A/n: sorry for interrupting. Just wanted to say that I know that actually Nathaniel would be born 2015. I changed it up a bit cause i don't really have information about the age of any of them so I improvised.]

Y/n couldn't believe that so much time has passed since her arrival. It was so nice to have other kids to play with.

Her powers have increased much more than she would admit. Maybe Y/n really didn't notice but in 3 years she learned how to

1. easily move things with her mind,

2. control her ability of energy manipulation,

3. control the elements water, fire and air (she somehow had some troubles with earth)

and last but not least

4. see memories of other people.

All that needed a bunch of time but with the help of Tony, Steve, Natasha, Bruce and Clint she managed it pretty well.

The biggest help however was Laura. She took the role as a mother in Y/n's life so naturally that the girl still was stunned when she thought about it. In the beginning Y/n thought that Laura took it as a task in her life but she didn't know that her new mum loved her since she saw the girl for the first time. Maybe Y/n didn't thought of it as naturally because she never had a person as a mother in her life before.

One year ago, Y/n started to go to missions as well but still, she refused as Fury asked her to join SHIELD Agents on regular missions mainly due to the fact that she still wanted to get her school work done and spent as much time as possible with her new family.

It took 1 hour till everyone in the house was awake. Laura who was the first one awake (as usual) already made breakfast. On warm days they always ate outside on the porch. When Y/n came downstairs everyone sat on their seats expect for Cooper.

Y/n took the opportunity and ran up to his room. She opened the door as quietly as possible and tip-toed to his bed. Cooper obviously was awake already but still had his blanket pulled over his head what cause that he didn't see Y/n who wanted to wake him up gently. Well...for the girl that meant jumping on him without a warning.

Cooper immediatly jumped up and looked at Y/N with the are-you-serious-look. Y/n returned that look with an innocent smile and quickly ran out of the room while screaming. "Breakfast's ready, Coops!" He didn't hestitate to run after her. The girl just managed to get outside on the field where Cooper then got her. He ran against her and caused them both to fall down. They continued wrestling as they heared a voice calling for them.

"Cooper! Y/n! We're waiting." Laura exclaimed towards them what caused little Nate to giggle. The called children unwillingly made their way to the table where they sat down. Lila couldn't help but chuckled at the offended looks of them.

"You act like 3 year olds." She commented while eating her cereal. "That's what I thought" Clint agreed what caused Y/n to throw a cherry from the fruit bowl at him, which Clint of course returned. Before it could get out of control Laura stepped in. "You're the right one to say!" She said towards Clint but instead of stopping it that way, she made it worse. Clint reacted with thowing a cherry on her which she couldn't leave like that.

5 minutes later everyone was throwing cherry at everyone except for Nate who simply couldn't stop giggling at the scenario while enyoing his bowl of yogurt.

Now, when Y/n remembers that day she's aching for it to stay like that. But everytime she repeats it in her head, there still comes the ringing out of the living room which would always be Fury calling to get Clint and her for a immediate mission.