Chapter 2

Hey readers, figured I'd upload another chapter.  I know I haven't gotten any votes yet but I'm trying.  This chapter holds some suspense I guess.  All I want to say is that I did my research and the street names are accurate but the train station in Glenroy does not go to Melbourne.  This is a fanfiction so I made it so that Kiara had a fast way to get to Melbourne without using a taxi.  Hope you like this chapter.  I do apologise if this chapter or any of my chapters are "too long." I need input guys!  Try to guess who the boy is at the end!  AND...  The boys will be introduced in the next chapter I promise!  Enjoy Chapter 2!

“KIARA!“ someone snapped.

“What?!” I grumbled. My mother just woke me up from the most amazing dream in the world and now I was a bit annoyed.

“We’ve landed. C’mon!” My mother said.

I growled a little but followed my mom like a little lost puppy. This was so new to me. Every sight was a little different than back home and I was nervously shaking.

“Guess you didn’t think of transportation mom. Looks like we’ll have to buy a new car,” I informed her.

“There is such thing as a taxi hun,” my mother shot back.

“We still can’t take a taxi all the time. It would be a lot cheaper if we got a new car. Think about it! All the possibilities of a brand new vehicle!” I teased in a high pitched girly voice. I pulled one of those ‘Oh-my-God-this-is-so-amazingly-exciting!’ actions.

“Okay Missy, let’s just get to our new place,” my mother said. We went through the whole procedure to descend the steps, get our stuff and get out of the airport. Jeez things were hectic.

“Taxi!” was all I heard before getting dragged into a bright yellow vehicle. The atmosphere and the overall look of Glenroy was so alien compared to the small town I had come from. I pulled out my Ipod and scanned for a wifi connection. When I finally logged into an unsecured network, I pulled up Google maps and searched Glenroy, Victoria, Australia.

“Population of around twenty thousand,” I mumbled to myself. The website I was searching, gave me information on Glenroy’s history and mom had been right; it was on the edge of Melbourne, only about a twenty-five minute train ride away. Perfect for shopping and adventuring I thought excitedly. I then proceeded to look up a few of the schools I could potentially go to. I had a couple of options. I should probably choose soon since we were getting settled into a new house and everything.

“Mom, where do you suggest I go to school?” I wondered.

“I would suggest Glenroy Catholic College. It is a really nice, religious school and it’s a mixed school so you’ll be with both boys and girls your age. It could also be referred to as Glenroy Campus. I think the high school’s campus is located in Melbourne but I can’t be quite certain.”  Sounds familiar, I thought. I decided I’d look up some more information about Glenroy and school options later. I had lost my internet connection anyways.  After about twenty minutes of driving around, we finally came to a stop. I glanced out the window and actually had to take a second glance. The outside of the house was gorgeous! The exterior was grey and black stone and the door was a beautiful black with a foggy looking window. It had a two car garage and the garage doors matched the front door. I flew out of the taxi as my mom handed the driver some money.

“Wow,” I breathed. I slowly walked up the steps to the door and noticed that the window had beautiful little intricate designs printed into the glass.

“Would you like to unlock it and take a look inside?” my mom asked hesitantly.

“Y-yes!” I stuttered. She handed me a plain round silver key. My hand shook as I pushed it into the lock and turned. As soon as I heard the click, I turned the knob and entered. A gasp of surprise left my mouth and I stood there, flabbergasted. The entrance wasn’t even an entrance. It led straight into an open concept kitchen, dining room and living room. The kitchen was all gorgeous granite countertops, containing a stainless steel sink, a huge fridge and the table and chairs set was beautifully finished pine. The floor in the kitchen was identical to the counter tops. There was even an island in the middle of the floor that included a semi hidden bar behind it. The stools completed it. The living room/lounge area was all wood. The walls were pine panelling and the floors were a darker stained pine. The lounge was sunk in, steps lead down to bean bag chairs and black couches. A pretty big flat screen completed this area.