Chapter 1

Hey readers!  New story!  Hope y'all will like it!  I'm not so sure about the title yet...  I need feedback as I get more into the story.  The title could potentially change, depending.  I'm trying my luck with a Janoskians story.  Can't guarantee updates too often as school is very hectic lately but I promise I'll try my very best.  I need your guys' feedback on the first chapter.  I know it's not too much to go by or to judge but I hope it's at least an okay story.  I'm sorry if I don't get some of the facts right, for example, a train ride to Melbourne from Glenroy.  This is a fiction story so please excuse any errors I make.  There is some swearing I must warn you...  Sorry about that.

Anyways, on with the story.

Fear, sorrow, anxiousness; all of this was pounding through my head as I lay in my bed and listened to the continuous bickering that was carrying down the stairs. In my current situation, you may as well have been walking on eggshells around my parents. Any wrong move and things turned from normal to all hell breaking loose. It didn’t help that no one believed you when you told them things because those close to you always told them you were lying to get attention. Because you were a teenager no one listened anyways and calling a kids help line was no use either when your father threatened to kill you anyways. When left alone at home while my mom worked two jobs, my father was never ever sober. He was always hammered. That’s where all of the threatening came in. I was never safe around my father. I’d been threatened with things like my mom’s butcher knives and many other kitchen knives. My father would pull knives on me, he’d throw his empty beer bottles at me or hold me down and smash them over my head and he‘d pour shots down my throat or full beer bottles, forcing me to swallow every last drop before he stopped.

“I’m getting tired of your shit Jeremy! That’s all it ever is anymore! You coming home drunk, beating on Kiara and treating us as if we don’t matter! Treating us like garbage!” my mother’s voice shouted, trying to get through to my father, even when she knew it was hopeless.

“That’s because that is all you are to me! I didn’t ever want to marry you! You were a dirty, disgusting bag! And that kid! She was the biggest fucken mistake I’ve ever made!” my father slurred.

See I was used to being called a mistake, even ugly. In fact I was used to being called many things, even some too vulgar to mention. It was nothing new to me.

“Why did I ever decide to spend the rest of my life with you?!”

“You should’ve asked yourself that question before we made that thing! Before we said our vows even!” He yelled. I could just imagine him pointing a finger down the stairs, accusing me once again of being the reason his life got ruined. I have no idea why I stayed all those years, taking all of his beatings and his words that stabbed at my heart like a dagger. Sometimes I even wondered why my mom fell in love with my father. This certainly didn’t seem like love to me. It was a nightmare. There must have been something my father was before he got married; but I could never see him as anything more than what he was to me.

“The only thing you were good for was the se…”

“THAT’S ENOUGH!!!! GET OUT OF MY HOUSE YOU HEARTLESS BASTARD!!!” my mother screamed. You could hear a tinge of pain in her tone but if you knew her, you’d know she was done with all of this. “Actually you know what, Kiara and I will leave instead.”

I heard her feet pound down the wooden steps; Steps I’ve been thrown down more than once when I was left alone.

“Kiara,” my mother whispered, shaking me.

I turned my body so that my eyes met hers. I was thankful I inherited her beautiful blue eyes.

“Yeah?” I yawned.