Chapter 6

“James! Hold me!” Jai cried.

“The movie hasn’t even started you baby!” Beau said. I felt the same way as Jai did but there was no way I was going to show it.

“I love horror movies!” Luke announced. Great. Just Great.

The movie was halfway through and I was literally buried under the blanket, trying my hardest not to scream. I peaked out a little and a possessed thing came jumping out of it’s hiding place. I couldn’t huddle next to Luke anymore. I switched sides and leaned into Beau who almost looked scared shitless. He jumped when he felt my body smack into his. I whimpered by accident and Beau‘s arm drew me close.

“Kiara?” he whispered.

“Yeah?” I replied, just as quiet. I poked my head out from under my blanket to look at him.

“You okay?”

“To be honest not really… I hate horror movies. I only agreed because everyone else seemed excited to watch it,” I explained.

“We can watch whatever you want after. I think Luke is enjoying this too much,” Beau chuckled a little. I looked over to Luke and watched as his mouth fell open. His eyes were watching in interest.

“I don’t understand how some people don’t get scared by these things!” I told Beau.

“I don’t understand Luke. At all,” he replied. I giggled. Beau was one of the easiest to get along with I thought.

“I think we should watch the House Bunny after,” I informed Beau, straining to look him in the eye.

“Sounds interesting.”

“You’ve never seen the House Bunny?!” I asked in surprise.

“Nope.”

“Well it is kind of a chick flick but…” I trailed off. “Wait a minute. Are you doing this on purpose?” I asked him.

“What? Distracting you so you don’t get scared? Absolutely not!” He chuckled.

“Bum,” I giggled.

“What did you just call me?!” Beau playfully growled, starting to tickle me.

“Beau stop! STOP!” I cried.

“Guys SHUT UP! I’m trying to watch the movie!” Luke snapped.

“Spaz!” Beau mumbled. “Let’s go watch The Notebook Kiara,”

“Or just go talk for a bit,” I suggested. “I need you to keep me awake. I am not falling asleep first!” I told him.

“Okay,” Beau laughed.

“Lala! Fuck, you scared the shit outta me!” Jai yelled.

“You scared her!” James accused, probably snuggling the dog. I giggled and then broke into song.

“Look an airplane fly, up on cloud nine. Boy you so sexy ooh and the things you do, drive me out of my mi-mi-mind,” I sang quietly, skipping into the kitchen with Beau by my side.

“Cuz everybody go boom, boom, boom. Rio to Cali, London Miami, them girls be slammin’” Beau followed up.

“I’m gonna live my life, no matter what we party tonight. I’m gonna li-I-ive my life, and know that we gonna be alright.”

“That’s the song we did the dance dare video to. Live my life by Justin Bieber featuring Far East Movement,” Beau said.

“That was a pretty good video. From the first time I watched that video, I decided that every time I went shopping I was going to dance behind people like that. Remember when you went to a McDonalds I think it was, and you asked for gibberish?” I asked him.