The Perfect Picture 👨‍👩‍👦❤️

July 11th 2002

All night Jen has been tossing and turning, not being able to get a full nights sleep. She had felt a few pains, but she brushed it off, just wanting to have at least an hour of sleep. Around 5am she had to wake up David, letting him know.... it's contractions. On their way to the hospital Jennifer's water broke, leaking over the leather seat. She was pretty upset since the car is brand new, but David reassured her that everything was fine and it didn't matter. Around 8 hours of labour, Jen then pushed for 13 minutes.

After a world wind of pain, their baby boy was finally here, cradled in his mother's arms. Both David and Jen were crying as they looked at him getting checked and cleaned up. They couldn't help but feel like the luckiest people on the planet, they felt complete. This was it. They were a family, only waiting to grow. Jens already been talking about more kids, which David is on board with.

They have a beautiful moment with their son, taking in a perfect sight. His hair is a fair brown and his eyes are a deep, deep blue. Obviously things can change and fast, but right now he's a mixture of both Jen and David.

...

(Jen's pov)

Labour was... painful, but extraordinary and any discomfort is totally worth it, he's worth it, sooo worth it.

It's time for his first feed, so I get him situated, but he won't latch on, which I'm very concerned about. I keep trying for a few minutes, but it ends up in tears. He begins crying hysterically, so I lift him up and lay him on my chest as I lay back on the bed.

"Mommy is sorry, I'm sorry little man..." I caress the back of his head, David walks over and rubs up and down his back.

"He might just be distressed babe, try again now that he's calm..." David sits beside me on the bed, putting one arm around my shoulder.

"C'mon then, let's get you fed honey..." I position him again and this time he actually latches on to my breast, beginning to feed. "Oh look, babe he's doing it."

"He's so perfect, I don't know how I got so lucky to have you two..." David places a small kiss on the side of my head, pulling me slightly closer.

"I'm the lucky one, I have two of the most perfect guys in the world and I get to call you both mines."

We spent a few days in hospital before we were finally discharged, something I'm very scared about. Not only will I be going home with a little baby, but I'll have to face the paparazzi. It's ridiculously that these people hound mothers that have just given birth and are disturbing the family. But I guess it's just something that has to happen, especially when the media is so obsessed with you, in a good and bad way.

"Are you ready honey?" David turns to me, holding the car seat which is covered over so nobody can see him.

"Yeah, I'm just so nervous."

"Don't be, there's no need to worry..." David grabs my hand and we begin walking out the room. I put on a pair of sunglasses as we step outside, instantly flooded with questions.

"What's the baby's name?"

"Did you have more than one?"

"What's the gender?"

"Jen! David! Over here!"

...

After the most challenging few weeks, our baby boy is officially 1 month old. It's absolutely crazy to think that it's been 4 weeks since I've given birth. It has been hard, I have to admit that it isn't easy being a mother, but it is so, very special.

David and I haven't taken him outside the house yet, we really don't want to deal with paparazzi. We both discussed taking a picture of him so that we won't be as hounded when outside. But I haven't been able to get the perfect picture of us all, so we're just going to use a single picture of him. That's probably easiest and plus I really don't want to be photographed at the moment.

"I like that one..." I pick up a picture of our son, showing it to David.

"He's barely changed since the first week, but bare in mind he's only a month old

"He's barely changed since the first week, but bare in mind he's only a month old."

"Look at those little hands... I can't get enough of him. Look at the amount of photos we have so far, we need to store them in photo albums."

"Maybe we should have an album per year, y'know that way it'll be more organised." David proposed.

"I like that idea, we should do that with all of our kids." I wink at him. He grabs my waist and pulls me onto his lap, I wrap my legs around him and kiss his nose.

"How many kids do you think we'll actually have?" He sits further back on the couch, pulling me right against his body.

"Maybe four, but I know I want three for definite"

"A little Jen would be absolutely adorable running around the house-" David is cut off when we hear crying from the baby blue bassinet. "I'll get him..."

"No it's fine babe..." I get up and pick him up, hugging him against my chest. "Hi baby, what's all this crying about, huh?" I see a little smile on his face as he stops crying. "David look!"

"What?!" He jumps up from the sofa, running over and looking at our son.

"I don't care what people say, it's not a reflex, he smiled!"

"This is amazing honey..." he kisses both of our heads. "Our lives just seem so much more perfect now that he's in it, I just can't believe how much I love you both"

"I know, I can't get over either of you. You know, It all just seems too good to be true..."

A/N
Okay so this is the second last chapter of this book and I'm sure you are still wondering what this little surprise is. Well guess what... I'm not telling you all just yet 😏

Thank you all so much for the support, you are all so fantastic 💗