Chapter 4

Third POV

Back at the front gate of the castle, two guards are on post talking to a merchant that was bringing food to the palace. It was quite normal for them because that was their usual merchant. Though, the merchant was a little worried since he hasn't used the bathroom and asked the guards to watch over the barrels of food while he finds a restroom.

One of the guards groaned from the heat of the sun and took off their helmet, and combed through his hair with one of his hands holding the helmet. The other one notices the helmet and squints his eyes at it.

The guard felt like he was being watched and turned to the right to see him looking at his helmet. He gave him a confused look and a nervous smile at him, "What are you doing?"

"Huh? Oh, sorry, rookie. I just noticed that you're wearing my helmet." He answered.

"What do you mean, how can you tell this is your helmet?"

"I just know, okay! I put a little apple drawing in it, see?" He stated as he pointed at the other end of the helmet. "Why do you have my helmet?"

"No, this is my helmet, I drew an apple on it too, show me your helmet," he asked. The other guard wants to settle the helmet issue once and for all and took off theirs too. While the two were bickering and chatting about whose helmet is whose, two people in black cloaks were behind a bush and quietly came out of their hiding spot and get as close to the wagon as possible.

"Give me a boost Kiri," he whispered, the other one nod and put his hands together to put his foot on and help him get in. He helped his friend to get on the wagon as carefully and quietly as possible.

"Now remember Kaminari, we are only after some of the food for the villagers, let's take some bread and fruit for them."

"Understood, Kirishima," Kaminari still with a low whisper as he carefully opened the lid of the barrel and set it down. He grabs some bread to stuff it in a brown bag, they keep putting bread and fruit in different bags as quickly as possible.

After they had finished gathering the goods, they decided it was time to leave, but Kaminari accidentally made a creaking noise, which brought the guards out of their conversation about the helmets and turned around to see two masked figures in front of them.

"Hey! What are you guys doing back there?!" He asked as he put his helmet back on and glared at the two strangers. The other one clumsily put their helmet on, but crooked.

"Shit! What do we do now?" Kaminari whispered to his friend with a worried look on his face. His friend Kirishima nervously chuckled as his eyes looked around until he got an idea.

"Look! A lady in-waiting!" Kirishima pointed out, and that was the opportunity they used to make a run for it. The guards quickly looked the other way and saw that there was no lady.

"Dammit, we fell for that one again! After them!" They said as they ran after Kirishima and Kaminari.

"Dude, how did you know they would fall for it?"

"I've used that trick too many times, I swear those guards always fall for that one," Kirishima said gladly. The two managed to make it back to town and decided it was time for them to split up.

"See you on the other side, Kirishima." Kaminari said as they both pound it and went to two different directions of the village.

When the guards saw them going different directions, they decided to go after Kaminari first and then Kirishima. The guards ran to the right, chasing after Kaminari. Kaminari heard footsteps from behind him and glanced back to see the guards are after him.