Chapter 17

Third POV

Shoto had gathered his thoughts for a moment as he was getting ready for this morning. Last night, he was asked by Monoma to come by his office for something important. He stroke the brush on his hair one more time, and set it on the vanity.

The thought about how Iida was always brushing his hair came to him. He quickly shook that off and sighed to himself. "Why bring that up now?" He muttered to himself at that memory.

Everything happened all too fast last night. The original plan was to capture them during the day, which was supposed to be today. Leaving Shoto thinking, Monoma went out of his way of the original plan and rushed into it.

"This wasn't supposed to happen this way. I guess Monoma hated waiting in the sidelines for this long, I'm not surprised he would do this. But, he should've let me know beforehand." Fixing the cuff of his sleeves, he heard a knock on the door. Shoto took notice of it and went to see who it was.

As he opened the door, he sees one of the familiar guards right in front of him and groaned, "It's just you. Is it time to see his majesty?"

"Oh, come on, be happy I'm escorting you to his office. He ordered Setsuna to come get you, but I offered to do so you wouldn't have to deal with her."

"Oh... um, well, thank you," he replied as he closed the door behind him. Once he's ready, both Tetsutetsu and Shoto walked alongside one another. Neither one of them have spoken since Shoto was asked to come by to see Monoma this morning.

What else does Monoma want with him? He's done everything he asked him to do? Those thoughts have been circling and taunting him since last night and this morning.

"Oi... Shoto. We're here," Tetsutetsu awoke him from his thoughts and saw that he's already arrived. Shoto took a quick deep breath, and just as he was about to open the door, he felt a pull from his wrist. He knew who it was, so he wasn't that scared at all. "Can I offer you something before you enter the room?"

Shoto turned around and looked at Tetsutetsu, "Huh? I don't mind, but why?"

"Because, I want you to ditch that doctor and be with me."

"What...?"

"You heard me, forget about that treacherous doctor and be with me. He's only a mere doctor who could hardly protect you, but I can shield you from any danger you're in! Please consider this! I could protect you from Monoma!" He panted out his last words from his confession and awaited Shoto's answer.

He was taken aback by this and his words, his eyes moved away from his gaze and looked back at the door. "With all due respect, I never saw you like that. And, you're wrong about Tenya. If I ever get hurt, he's there to help me heal." He said and left Tetsutetsu by himself. He entered Monoma's office and closed the door behind him.

When entering the room, he was surprised to see Setsuna and Kaibara in here, along with Shishida holding Iida from his arms to his back. Shoto and Iida made eye contact, but Iida turned away from him and closed his eyes. Hurt by his actions he sighed and turned his attention to the person sitting in a chair. The chair spun around once and was revealed to be Monoma.

"Shoto! Good morning, how did you sleep?"

"Okay... I guess. Can we make this quick, please?"

Monoma smiled smugly at him and giggled at him. "But of course! I just have a few questions for you."

"Oh yeah, and what might those questions be?" He asked as he watched Monoma get off his chair and walked up to the window behind him and looked down at his view.