Chapter 20

Don't play the song just yet.

Third POV

The morning finally arrived, and it was pouring rain, but that didn't stop them from continuing the burial. Momo believes that it would be best to have him be buried next to his mother's grave.

The servants who chose to attend the burial have given out Yaoyorozu's umbrellas for protecting them in the rain. She never used them not once, but she's willing to make an exception.

The loud bell rang from the church, pulling it down one at a time, they kept on ringing it until he was allowed to stop. The sailors finished digging up the grave, and now all that's left is to put the casket in and bury it. Some members of the resistance helped out, along with the princesses and princes.

After they buried him, Bakugo held something in his hand and set it on the ground where the prince was buried. It was a flower crown that looked just like the one he made as a kid. He then walks away and stands right next to Iida. Iida notices him and pulls out something from his pocket. It was wrapped around in a cloth as he carefully handed it to Bakugo.

"What is this...?" He groggily asked as he took it from Iida's hands.

"While we were in the palace, I asked one of the servants if they have a clinic here. I told them about Katsuma's condition, and they gave me the medicine that will cure him right away."

Bakugo didn't say anything, but held onto the item with his right hand. Soon, a priest walked over to the grave with a staff helping him walk for support and a book in his other hand. A servant was with him as he held the umbrella out for the priest, so that the book wouldn't get wet.

The priest cleared his throat, "We have gathered at this burial for the now deceased, Prince Izuku Yaoyorozu. A kind soul, who did all he could to help the village survive. If anyone has something to say, then please come up now." He watched as he waited for someone to come up here, but no one budged. None of them have anything to say. Just as he was about to speak again, someone came up to his grave.

A girl in a black dress with short brown hair. "I have a few things to say."

He bowed to the princess, "Of course, Princess Uraraka." He took a few steps away for her to have some room. She turned around to face the mourning audience as she took a deep breath and put her free hand on her chest.

"I've known him since we were kids. Heh. He was my best friend. We talked to each other about everything, played these fun games where he saves the princess, and for some reason I developed a crush on him..." her voice sounded shaky and tried to keep it together, "I confessed my feelings to him, but he turned me down because he never felt the same way. I remember what his words were when I asked why. He said, 'Because if I'm with you, neither one of us would be happy. You know I wouldn't hurt your feelings, and if you found out, you'd be hurt. I never liked seeing my friends sad, so please don't cry.'"

"Is that all you wanted to say?"

"One more thing," she told the priest as she continued, "We're all his friends, right? He would want us to be happy after today and make sure we're alright. He would want that..." she finished as she started crying again and rushed back to the audience.

When the burial was over, people started to leave. The princes and princesses had to leave and get back to their original duties and went back to their ships. The only people that did stay were the people in the resistance, a few sailors, Sir Nighteye, and Momo.

Poor Momo Yaoyorozu... it felt like losing her best friend and brother at the same time. All she could do was grieve for her loss as she wails and cries her eyes out. Jiro notices this and wondered if there was something she could do. She decided to walk over to where Momo was, but someone already beat her to it.