Chapter 5

Bakugo POV

"We'll sneak into the ballroom and blend in with the crowd, Mina will let two of us in to the back. That's where you come in, Jiro, Kirishima." I explained and glanced at them. "Four eyes will be staying be-".

"Sorry to intervene, Bakugo, but why am I being left out on this mission? Did I do something wrong in the last one?" Four eyes raised his hand and pushed his glasses up a bit with his pointer finger.

"You didn't do anything wrong. I just thought we should change things up a bit with having your apprentice attend to this mission." I answered as he was about to say something, but nothing came out of his mouth.

"He does have a point. Plus you're our herbalist. There's nothing you can do on this heist either way," Dunce face added.

"It's not a bad thing, and it'll be good for Shoto to get out there. Maybe you can attend the next one." Dumb hair said while he plays with the darting game and flung it to a piece of paper on Prince Monoma.

"Mm... well, I guess I could stay behind and make some medicine. But, while you're at the castle, you think you can go find me some of these herbs?" He asked and pulled out a list and handed it to Dunce face.

"Sure, it doesn't seem like a lot. But I think you should leave that to the ones going inside the vault," he said as he passed the list to Jiro, but she handed it back to him.

"Kaminari, you, Shoto and Bakugo will be passing along the medical bay. Your position in this operation is to distract the guests at the party and-."

"That's enough Jiro. I think they get the idea." She sighed and focused back on the layout of the castle. "As I was saying, Dunce face, Half and half, and I will be distracting the guests at the party. One of us will cut the lights and make a run for it. Dumb hair will give us the signal when he shoots something in the ballroom."

"Right. I'll use my slingshot for this one, in this case." Dumb hair agreed and pulled out his slingshot as he smiled with eagerness.

"So, what is this party for?" Jiro asked as she raised her hand.

"Don't know. From what Mina told us, it's said to be an engagement party to announce Monoma's engagement." I said, honestly I feel sorry for whoever has to marry that guy. I shuddered at the thought of that. "Anyway, we managed to get some disguises for the party from Mina. It's going to be a masquerade ball for some reason."

"Why in the world would it be a masquerade ball? Doesn't it sound... I don't know, a little overrated?" Shoto said as he received his costume from Dunce face. "I'm just saying."

"Does it even matter? A party is a party. Now, let's stop talking and start getting dressed for the ball." I said as I brought my hand out in the center. Everyone else put their hand out, one by one on top of each other's hands.

"Resistance squad, prepare for action!" We said in unison and made a break for it as we went to change into our costumes.

-

Third POV

The resistance squad managed to change into their costumes and it was already in the evening. Carriages coming towards the gate, passing by one by one. Everyone in their elegant gowns and masks. All they talked about was business, how well their children are doing this time around and discussing whether or not to betroth their own kids.

While everyone was enjoying their time, trumpets started to be heard around the room. A servant came and arrived by the stairs and rolled out a scroll for him to read. "I would like to present the King and Queen of Kuroyuri, and their son, Neito Monoma." He said as he cleared his throat. The King and Queen arrived first and walked down the stairs carefully. When they reached the bottom, they did a small bow, and went to talk to some of their old folks.