Chapter 19

Third POV

"So... no one came by to see me pass, huh?" The old man in the bed asked as he only looked at the outside of the balcony. Where only clear blue skies could be seen. "I'm most likely to be down under."

"Um, grandpa, is it alright if I ask you something?" The little boy asked him.

The old man chuckled and sighed, "I'm willing to answer anything you like. This will be the last time either one of us will speak to each other."

The little boy took a deep breath and felt prepared to tell him. "Did grandma really loved you when you two got married?"

The old man was taken aback by this question, but he couldn't resist answering his grandson's question. He manages to turn his head to the right and see his grandson with his head held down. "If I'm being honest, she never cared about me."

"Huh? Why's that?" The grandson asked his grandpa.

"Because, when I first met her, she was actually a commoner. I fell head over heels for her and begged my parents to let me marry her. They agreed and we brought your mother into the world." His tone sounded tired and sad while he replied to the question. "When your mother was only four, I found your grandma stealing from me from the vault. She never loved me, she only loved everything that I have."

"Why?"

"Because in this world we live in, commoners want nothing but our riches. That is why I am King. To protect the riches from those pesky commoners. Every money they have we get, so they can pay their taxes." The old man tries to sit up with every little strength he has and holds out his hand for his grandson. His grandson took his hand as he felt his grandfather's other hand. "Monoma, remember. No matter who you marry, they will betray you and the only thing they care about is what you have."

(Present time)

'That's all they are. Commoners take everything away from me, including my bride! I believed he was different... he's making a mistake! That commoner doesn't care about him! I have to do something!' Monoma thought as he secretly regained consciousness. As he got his feet back up, he dashed away from Kirishima and Shoto.

'I'll pierce this sword right through you, Bakugo!' He proudly smiled as he got ready. He pulls his sword back and lunges towards him.

Slash! He did it. He stabbed him... he-. Monoma panted out of breath after using the little strength he had and opened his eyes. But then his eyes widen at something else. He pierced the sword through someone else, it was none other than Izuku himself.

The prince right in front of him heavily breathed as his arms were out as if he's protecting someone. The blood on his white attire started to spread and due to the blood loss, he fell backwards. Thankfully, he was caught by Bakugo from behind.

Bakugo looked petrified at what he just witnessed as he looked at Izuku. His eyes looked over at the one who did this to him. "You killed him..." that was all that came out of his mouth. Bakugo helped Izuku lie down and he put Izuku's head on his thighs as a pillow. "You killed him, you bastard!" He yelled out.

The entire crowd gasped and murmured at what he said. Izuku's sister and his friends rushed over to where Bakugo was and the members of the resistance also came forward to help and do whatever they could. The crowd got out from behind the shielded seats and slowly walked over, their eyes focused on the slowly dying prince and the prince that committed this act.

"I didn't- I mean he-." He stammered at his words. He couldn't make out the right words. All his life, he believed that people only admire them because of money and not because they love them. He felt lied to since he was a kid, after witnessing what Izuku did for a commoner. It goes to show that he was wrong about the world.