ten

Loki POV~

"A feast?!" I exclaim as Frigga tells me of the plans for the evening.

"Yes, son. A feast to welcome the first ljós warrior in centuries. It is common courtesy to honor her."

I agreed with her, I really did, but I still didn't want to go. I had just ruined everything between Y/N and I. She probably hated me now. I wasn't sure I'd even be able to hold myself back from confessing everything. I didn't want to see the hurt and anger in her eyes. It would only make me feel even guiltier. If I told her how I felt, she'd think I was manipulating her again, after she'd seen what I truly am.

"I can't go," I say quickly, interrupting Frigga. She paused, raising one eyebrow in question.

"You're the prince of Asgard, my dear, you must. I know Y/N would love to see you there too, she has spoken very highly of you."

"I c-can't. I ruined things with her, she thinks I'm a monster." 

Frigga sighs as she sits beside me. "You care about her, don't you?"

I hesitate for a moment, before nodding. Mother was the one person I could trust after all these years. And it was true, I did care about Y/N. 

"I understand that you're scared of hurting her Loki, but she's strong. And she cares about you too. Thor told me she was even holding back during training yesterday because she was upset you decided to stop teaching her. But you are both very stubborn creatures, and are afraid to admit that to each other."

I blink in shock. She was upset I wasn't at training? I was almost positive she would hate everything to do with me, but maybe I was wrong.

Y/N POV~

Frigga gave you the entire day off training, insisting you needed to 'prepare' for the feast that night. Which, yeah, you did, but more mentally than physically.

The maids arrive later that afternoon, sent to help you get ready. You were grateful, with absolutely no idea where to start. 

They pull the most gorgeous, elegant dress you had ever seen in your life out of your wardrobe. It was a deep blue color, sleeveless and a halter neckline. Silver embellishments lined the sides and middle. Surely they didn't expect you to wear that to the feast.

A/N ~ (sorry if the image is a little big, but this is the dress, minus the poofy arm thingies, if you don't like it imagine you wearing something else haha)

But of course, your luck wasn't that good as the maids usher you into the bathroom so you could change. The dress seemed far to elegant for your liking, but the soft fabric was comfortable and you knew you had no other choice. As soon as you step back into the room, the maids rush over to you again, some in charge of your hair and others in charge of your makeup. 

Your hair had been braided into a crown around your head, a few curls loose. The finishing touch was a gold crown made of intricate leaves as it was placed on top of your head. As you saw a glimpse of yourself in the mirror, you didn't even recognise your own reflection. For the first time in your entire life, you truly looked like an Asgardian.

The maids, satisfied with their work, then usher you into the hallway as you make your way to the dining hall. Still reluctant to go, you hesitate, then exhale as you open the doors to the dining hall.

Most guests were already there, drinking as soft music played in the background. Some stared at you as you went over to a seat by Frigga.

Then you saw Loki, handsome as ever in an Asgardian suit, his raven hair combed back as per usual. His eyes were on you and you quickly look away as you made eye contact. Someone passes you a drink, which you gratefully accept and slowly sip at as you sit there silently.

Loki POV~

I couldn't take my eyes off her as she walked in. How could someone like her ever like a monster like me? We made eye contact as she quickly looked away. I wanted nothing more than to go sit by her, to share another of our easy conversations as she sat there, quietly sipping at her drink as everyone around her talked and laughed. But again, fear won the battle as I stayed there, silently watching her as I cursed myself for pushing her away.

Thor nudges my side. "Go talk to her, brother."

I look towards him. "Talk to who?"

"Lady Y/N, who else?"

"I don't know what you're talking about brother."

He raises an eyebrow, nudging me again. "You care for her, and she definitely cares for you. She was upset, and worried about you during training yesterday."

Worried? About me? "Nonsense."

"Brother, go talk to her," he says again. "If she truly hated you, she would've been angry, not upset."

I sigh as I stand, acknowledging what Thor was saying. I push through the people, who were dancing even though no one had eaten yet, and searched for Y/N through the crowd. I freeze as I see Fandral dancing with her. She was smiling and laughing, and I felt jealously rage through my entire body. Y/N deserved someone so much better than me, no matter what anyone said.