Chapter 13 - Phoenix

Disclaimer - harsh language and a little bit of a lemon.

The next few weeks were quiet and nice. No run ins with Bucky, Amelia, or Shannon. Steve was okay on most days but he could be a little harsh. You always listened to him though, he was the captain after all and he was pretty good at it.

Thor was away to Asgard a lot more lately and everyone else has just been doing the usual. Going on missions, training, meetings, and interviews with news networks and government officials. You were actually sleeping well again after Heimdall started making sure you didn't have any nightmares. It had been a long time since you had gotten a nightmare.

He would usually place you in a spot you used to love or a place where it was just calm and peaceful all together. Sometimes he would stay and other times he had other things to do. When he would stay though you would either cuddle close to one another or among other things if you know what I mean.

Sometimes you would both watch some fond memories you had growing up and Heimdall actually learned that after the gang broke up and you went out searching for redemption and stuff like that. You became part of a tribe of Lakotas'. They were sweet enough people but they had problems. The government was taking all of their land and you swore that you would help them.

You led war parties out on cities and oil companies that were drilling for oil. You raided towns and more and more tribes came to help. Then one day you were about to lead a war party on a military camp and when you did another party of military men about 100 strong came out of nowhere. Almost the entire tribe was slaughtered but luckily you led the military cavalry away from the tribe to they could escape.

They trapped you in a little canyon and they shot you, dead. That was the second time you met her. Hera, the queen of all the Greek gods. The first time you met her you had just jumped off a bridge after the gang died off and you fell into a pit of depression.

She brought you back up out of the water and floated you downstream that way some fishermen would find you and save you, and that's exactly what happened. This visit she brought you back to life.

"Young one, you have the heart of a warrior, and you have become a warrior. With proper training you can help the people of this world and keep the peace." She told you, all those years ago.

She brought you to Olympus to train and given a longer life span to help you stay young and fit. You were apprenticed by many of the gods. Ares, Athena, Poseidon, Apollo, Artemis, and Hera herself. You also got a little bit of knowledge from Demeter, Hermes, but your main mentor was Hephaestus. He taught you how to use metals and make knives and other weapons using your fire ability when it was gifted to you.

When the gods thought you fit enough to be given the gift of fire to help protect the people of earth, and the kill mode, or that's what you call it. Every time you get mad or in a stressful situation you go into kill mode. Your eyes shift red and you can't control your ambition to go after whatever is annoying you.

After you mastered your powers you were sent back down to earth and by that time the Second World War was over. The world seemed fine until 2012 when Loki attacked New York. You were in Texas with some friends when it happened and you immediately hopped on a plane to get as close as you could. When you eventually got there, the fight was over with.

After that you introduced yourself to Director Fury and got acquainted with the Avengers. You helped them when Ultron attacked and that's when you became an official part of the team.

Heimdall always did enjoy listening to your stories and you enjoyed listening to his. You both just enjoyed each other's company and liked talking to each other. The more you talked to him and spent time with him in your dreams, the more you never wanted to wake up.