Chapter 17 - Phoenix

Disclaimer - harsh language

''Twas the day of the rodeo, it twas a loud night. There were cowboys and cowgirls, buckle bunnies, bull riders, barrel racers galore. Children running around and roping each other, old farmers and ranchers sipping on beer, and rodeo moms sitting at the top of the stands.

Trucks kept pulling in as you got your sorrel gelding, Duke ready to run. It was a small town event, nothing big, but boy did the Avengers have a lot of fans there. There were people running around trying to get pictures and buckle bunnies who would usually try to go after the bull riders were now swarming the guys.

You giggled as you seen Thor, Steve, and Bucky struggle through the small crowd of girls. What made you laugh though was the fact that Shanon and Amelia were right there glaring at all of the girls, and Steve and Bucky.

The barrel race was easy, Duke as always, did his job, never hit a barrel, tight turns all the way, and this pace was incredible. For a small town rodeo you were shattering the competition. Many people cheered as your ran and you could hear the announcer but you couldn't make out his words. The world was a blur as you rode.

When you crossed that stop clock everyone was on their seats as you pulled Duke to a stop. You turned around to look at the time and...... 13.06. New leader. More like new record.

"Hell yeah." You said as you rode Duke down the alley and into the warm up area. You hopped off and hugged his neck.

"That's pro level bud." You said excitedly as you imagined winning another national championship. You had won it once before but now that you were an Avenger you didn't have time for it. You patted his neck before hugging him and kissing his face. You were way to excited for this win and it was just a local rodeo.

You then untacked him, brushed him down, tied him to the trailer, and fed him lots of sweet feed and treats. You then saddled your breakaway roping mare, Eve up before waiting in the stands with everyone else. Right as you got to the top with everyone else you heard a loud crash before a beam of light came down to the earth.

Everyone jumped up as the rodeo came to a stop. Everyone watched as five figures approached.
"Volstagg, Fandral, Hogun, Lady Sif, and Heimdall. You practically jumped out of your seat when you seen him you skipped down the steps with everyone else at your heals as you all ran down to see what they were doing there.

As you all ran up to them you smiled up at Heimdall.

"What are you guys doing here?" You asked them with a big smile.

"We are here to take you to Asgard, Lady Y/n." Volstagg said. You looked at him confused before looking over at Heimdall again.

"I'm kind of competing at a rodeo right now, maybe after." You said before atheist stepped up to see what was going on.

"What do you mean, take her to Asgard." Thor asked his friends.

"I'll tell you later, or they can tell you while I get ready for breakaway roping." You suggested before sending a quick smile towards Heimdall and walking off to your trailer.

Breakaway roping was not a strong point for you like barrel racing was. You had a okay time but it wasn't the best and you were third. You were kind of mad and embarrassed that you did so poorly, but you didn't exactly have a lot of practice either.

After you got Eve untacked and brushed down you tied her up next to Duke and gave her feed and treats. She did good, it's not her fault you are always go busy to practice.

Bull riding was the next event though and you were the fourth one to go and there were twelve riders.

The first rider went out and he stayed on for a good few seconds before he got thrown off and the bull started to chase after him. The rodeo clowns did their best to get the bull off of him but the bull still jostled him around a little bit.