Visions

"Stop this! Why are you doing this!?"

"Must I say this again? I just want his miraculous~"

"Darkbug wanted it too! He never went this far! You're—"

"Don't you DARE compare me to that scum! People like him should rot in hell! He shouldn't even be allowed to live. He ruined my life beyond repair, which is why I want the miraculous of the cat. To fix my broken life. Now, this doesn't have to be painful. Give me the miraculous and all will be well."

Iris and Chat, both heavily wounded on the ground looked in despair at the looming figure of Shadowbug.

Her olive-green eyes filled to the brim with hatred and sorrow.

Pity took place of hopelessness and weariness in Chat's eyes.

"I'm sorry for what you went through, but you don't have to do this! You—"

"You don't have the right to say that to me, Chat Noir. Not you."

"Please." Iris stumbled as she tried to get up, Shadowbug coldly striking her back down again.

"Do whatever you want to me. Leave Chat alone." She cried.

"You have a choice, Iris. I like you as a person. And I don't have any grudges against you. You're a good hero. But not him. It should have been anyone BUT him as Chat Noir. I'll let you go if you don't get in my way. I don't need to get more blood on my hands than I need to."

"You can't be serious about KILLING him!?" Iris gasped, her voice dry and rugged.

"I won't have to if you just give me the miraculous!"

Chat clutched his paining stomach and tapped her shoulder gently, "M'lady, go."

She looked at him incredulously.

"Are you kidding!? You think—" she breathed exasperatedly, "We've been over this! You just can't ask me to leave you all—"

"I'm not so kind to give you so much time to decide. What's your word, Iris?" She rolled her ice-cold eyes.

"I'm staying. And I will protect him." She said.

"M'lady, please! You can go! You don't—"

Shadowbug sighed.

"I really thought you would comply, Paris' beloved Lady Iris. I don't want to hurt you. I just want his miraculous." She said, pointing to the leather-clad superhero.

"And I guess to have that, you'll have to get past me." Her broken words somehow formed a coherent sentence.

"That leaves me with no other choice, then." She said sadly.

With her dull-eyed wintery gaze, she looked at her in sadness.

"You two would make a good couple if you were alive. You still have the chance. You don't have to die. Both of you."

Iris gritted her teeth.

"Who even are you!?"

Shadowbug suddenly smirked.

"I'd hoped that you'd recognise me. Too bad. I at least wanted you to remember me, Iris. I thought we were friends." She said, pouting, hand on her face, the other folded right below her vertically raised hand.