Chapter 35: Home Again (short chapter)

To day that the past week has been stressful is a complete understatement. Rest, they said. Take some time off, they said. Try wheeling yourself around the JYP building and having lawyers at your dorm every day! It wasn't my idea to file a suit against him for kidnapping, let alone rape.

 Jimin's own mother, bless the woman, hired me lawyers and offered to pay to get him to go to jail for doing what he's done to me and to probably hundreds of other women and young girls. I looked into the laws and found that yes, prostitution is illegal in South Korea, but it says nothing of punishment for rape or sexual harassment. How typical of a sexist, masculine-minded society. I now see the incredulous differences between here and back home.

Back in Australia, if someone was taken to court for rape and kidnapping, the maximum punishment for rape is life imprisonment. The maximum punishment for kidnapping is up to 14 years imprisonment. My apologies, I got off subject. 

Today I have a meeting with yet another lawyer from Shin & Kim LLC. His name is Jang Geunwon, and this particular man is Jimin's defense lawyer. Why he wants to meet with me I have no clue, but oh was I about to find out...