Chapter 15: Birthday Picnic!

As it turns out, the boys did plan this for me, but how could I forget it was my own birthday? This was their big apology? At any rate, I felt truly happy now. All of the boys would add me in to their conversations, and for the first time in a long time, I felt home. 

"Y/N-ah," Hyunjin began, grabbing his bag and walking towards me with it. "I know we haven't been the...nicest people to you since you... came," Awh, his little pauses are so cute, I said to myself as Hyunjin looked once again to Chan for reassurance. He handed his gift bag to me. "I know you like street fashion, so here you go!" I pulled out a Givenchy belt bag, two pairs of  Fila sneakers, an Adidas bucket hat, some Sleeveless Nike Hoodies and matching sweatpants, and a few black, white, blue and red tshirts. "Thank you Jinnie!" He shyly smiled and walked away.

 Minho was next. "Y'know, for a girl, you're not so bad." He said as he playfully hit my arm. He handed me his gift then looked down shyly. I opened the box it was in to find a small, mahogany musical jewelry box that played Neverending Story. Inside of it already was a pair of diamond earrings, a thin silver bracelet, and a silver locket that had a selca that he had taken the week before inside of it. I hugged him tightly and whispered "Tsundere." He smiled then went and sat down. Jisung looked jealous.

After Minho was Jeongin. The maknae  looked really excited as he walked his way over to me. "Noona! Felix said you needed a new phone, so I got you this! Plus, I think Binnie-hyung will appreciate not being the only Samsung." I pulled out a small rectangular box. Inside was the new Samsung S20 Note Ultra!  I smiled really big. "Thank you Innie!"

After Jeongin sat back down, Han slowly shuffled his way over to me. "It's no mahogany, but I hope you like it! I know how much you like photography and stuff so I got you this." He hands me a copy of the Our Adventure book, filled with little pictures and things that he no doubt got from Chan and Felix. I flipped through, but the one that caught my eye was the tree were me and Chan carved our initials into the tree, the day we had our first kiss. I gently touch my lips as I remember that moment, that sweet bliss. It was like the bliss that I felt with, no. The bliss that I thought that I felt with Hongjoong. As I continued to flip through the book, I noticed that the last half was empty. "it's to fill up with memories of us!" Han said smiling his cheeky, squirrely smile.

I smiled. I wonder if he remembers our song....

I wonder if he remembers that I still have some of his hoodies....

I wonder if he kept the bracelets I made him while he was training...

I wonder....

The rest of the night passes in a blur of present opening. (Chan- A personalized mixtape that he hand made just for you; Felix- the entire BTS discography INCLUDING THE MOVIES AND MEMORIES!; Seungmin- Three unlimited fast passes to Disneyland Paris and some Baby BT21 merch; Changbin- A book of unreleased CDs and a very well put together scrapbook with memories from before debut when we would write each other lyrics and letters) It was all peaceful until h e showed up. Hong had the audacity to come here?

Hongjoong nervously walked up and all the boys got pissed. Even more of a shocker to me was that Wooyoung and Mingi were behind him. "H-hey there guys! Did we miss the party?" I stood up and marched my way over there, grabbed him by the collar, and looked him dead in the eyes. "You, you lying slimy money hungry sack of horse shit, weren't invited. Now, you can do one thing for me. Tell me who payed you." He shoved me off and shrugged, dusting off his shirt. "Oh please, Woo dared me too and him and Mingi both payed, but everyone else was-" I slapped him. Then, I went and grabbed all three of them by the ear. "You think it's funny? Huh? Think it's funny to pay someone who your sister," I pulled hard on Wooyoung's ear," has had feelings for? Think it's funny to pay somebody to hurt someone?" I let them go and pushed them off. "Go! Get the fuck away from me and," I gestured at the Stray Kids boys," my real family." Wooyoung looked sappy and tried sucking up to Changbin. "Awh c'mon Bin, you know how-" Changbin wasn't having it. He got in Wooyoung's face. "She said go, Wooyoung. You've overextended your stay." Wooyoung looked at me. "Y/N?" "No, Woo. As of this moment, you are know longer a brother to me and I will have nothing to do with you." The three ATEEZ boys ran back to their car.

I couldn't handle it. I collapsed to my knees and started singing Chan's song. Somewhere along the way there were tears. Suddenly I felt a warm hug, it smelled of cherries and vanilla. Christopher... He started singing to me, a song that I knew very well.

(I Won't Give Up - DemoWhen I look into your eyes
It's like watching the night sky
Or a beautiful sunrise
There's so much they hold
And just like them old stars
I see that you've come so far
To be right where you are
How old is your soul?
Well, I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up
And when you're needing your space
To do some navigating
I'll be here patiently waiting
To see what you find
'Cause even the stars, they burn
Some even fall to the earth
We've got a lot to learn
God knows we're worth it
No, I won't give up
I don't wanna be someone who walks away so easily
I'm here to stay and make the difference that I can make
Our differences, they do a lot to teach us how to use
The tools and gifts we got yeah, we got a lot at stake
And in the end, you're still my friend at least we did intend
For us to work we didn't break, we didn't burn
We had to learn how to bend without the world caving in
I had to learn what I've got, and what I'm not
And who I am
I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up
So easy is our life
What's mine is yours and yours' mine
Hardly do we ever fight
We'd rather be kind
I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get dark
I'm healing this broken heart
I know I'm worth it
I won't give up on us (No, I'm not giving up)
God knows, I'm tough enough (I am tough, I am loved)
We got a lot to learn (We're alive, we are loved)
Lady, you're worth it (And we're worth it)No, I won't give up on us (No, I'm not giving up)
God knows, I'm tough enough (I am tough, I am loved)
We got a lot to learn (We're alive, we are loved)
Lady, you're worth it (And we're worth it)
No, I won't give up )

I looked up at him and smiled through my tears. "You remembered our song?"

Chan looked at me. "As if it was easy to forget. I've never stopped loving you, Y/N. And I know there might be a chance that you're gonna leave and I may never get to see you again and so I have to say this now. I love you, always have, and always will. Your eyes, your smile, your glorious sense of humor, you are unforgettable, and all these years I've never been able to get my mind off of you. If you leave again, and fall in love, just know that I'm always here for you. I always will be. I should've told you sooner, but I had to wait until the dating ban was lifted. Please Y/N. Please forgive me. I love you." He buried his face in my neck and hugged me tighter while I started to pet his hair. 

"Well I guess I'll tell you now," I gave Felix a knowing look. "I'm staying. I start training on Friday next week and I'm staying in the dorm with you guys. I sold mom's old businesses and I sold my house and all the old books. I'm not leaving boys. Not even death," I say as I lift Chan's head up and lean in close," could keep me away from you. I love you, Christopher Bang, always have, and always will."

 I kissed him.

(A/N: sorry not sorry about the cliffhanger but I'm tired)