He is Pretty Cute, Though

"Shibayama! Are you almost ready for volleyball practice?!" Lev screamed from outside his bedroom. Shibayama quickly hopped across the room while stuffing his left leg into his trousers. He picked up his shoes to start hurriedly putting them on. As he started tying his shoelaces he thought back to the stranger.

"I wonder if they live nearby! What if they play volleyball? Are we the same age? " Shibayama thought to himself.

    "Give me a sec! Almost done." he exclaimed as tying the shoelaces of his second shoe. He scurried back to his feet and started straight for the door. The door slowly opened to reveal a lanky silver-haired giant. "Thanks for waiting for me, Lev!" Shibayama exclaimed as he closed the door and got out his keys to lock it.

"No problem shibs!!" Lev yelled energetically

"Really? Shibs? I thought we got over that dumb nickname." Shibayama sighed staring on ahead. They continued walking to the school in silence, making short conversation here and there. A few minutes minutes away from the school gate Lev stopped. Shibayama stops to look back at him. What could that boy possibly be distracted by this time. A calico cat that looked as fluffy as a cloud waltzed into view. "Are you kidding me Lev, we are not stopping for a cat. We are almost late to practice dude!"

"Shh, Shibs your gonna scare it away!" Lev whisper yelled as to not scare away the cat. Shibayama stormed up to Lev and grabbed him by his shirt collar.

"No, I'm serious, we have a practice game today! Get it together dude!" Shibayama yelled while dragging Lev away from the cat and towards the school entrance.

"Fine, fine I won't chase the cat! But can you please let me go? I can walk on my own you know." Shibayama let go of him and Lev scrambled to his feet. "Thanks."

"Maybe stop getting distracted at anything that moves and I wouldn't have needed to drag you the rest of the way to school." Shibayama sighed. Lev sighed in annoyance.

"I totally could've caught that cat, dude" Lev whined.

"Mhm sure. Pick up the pace we're almost to the club room." They walk up the stairs and up to the club room to get changed. When they get there, the only person getting changed is Inuoka since they were running a little bit on the late side.

"Sup dudes!" Inuoka yelled.

"Hey, Inu." Shibayama waved.

"Hey!!!!!" Lev exclaimed. Lev and Shibayama walked up to their lockers and got out their practice clothes. They got dressed in almost complete silence except the sounds of Lev humming a cheerful tune.

They finished getting dressed and started walking towards the gym.

"Hey, what school are we practicing with today?" Lev asked.

"Its Nohebi, isn't it?" Inuoka questioned.

"Yeah, its Nohebi." Shibayama sighed while kicking a rock up ahead. They sauntered their way into the gym to start stretching. Shibayama couldn't help but notice number 12 from Nohebi kept looking at him. Snakes are nothing but trouble. He thought to himself continuing his warm up stretches.

He is pretty cute, though.

Word Count

516