𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢.

under the stars

under the stars

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈•゚。

"IMAGINE WE JUST LEFT." I said. Louis and I laid on the lawn behind the school, staring up at the bright stars in the moonlit sky.

"Tempting. Why the sudden thought?" he asked. His hands rested on his stomach as mine were placed on my sides.

"What if we were normal?" my head turned towards his as he shifted his body to me. "What if we weren't born like this? I just feel like things would be a lot easier."

I looked back up at the sky. There were more stars out tonight than ever before.

"Yes, but things would be a lot more boring as well. If we weren't born into this, I wouldn't have met you, or Aster, or Thomas, or Fawn. It sucks, but it has some perks." a soft smile filling his face.

I stood up, my hands clasping together in front of my stomach. He watched me as I stared up at the sky. I don't know what I want, I don't know what I want to do, I don't know anything, but I know that I want my friends, Louis, my mom, and some part of my life to be fucking normal.

A moment after, I felt Louis' presence beside me, looking at the stars. A twinkle in his eyes and a look of nerves in his stature. He turned his head down towards me, my gaze never leaving the sky— it calmed me.

"Iris?"

"Hm?"

"Do you believe in love?" I almost choked on my saliva. After hearing his mom talk about love with him last week, I couldn't seem to stop thinking about it. It invaded my thoughts every second of everyday.

"No, not really." I said. A short answer, but I don't know what to say. I like him, I really like him, but love is a different story. "Do you?"

"Yeah, I think I do." I could feel his eyes on me. Coldness spread throughout my body. I just hope he doesn't hate me for this.

"I believe in liking someone until they stop liking you back." It usually never gets past that stage, so I never had to worry about love. Being held down to someone, committing everything to them. I just have trouble trusting people and I don't plan on this being that long until I screw things up with him and he decides to leave me, like everyone else. "But not love, no I think love holds you back."

"Why's that?"

"You would do so much for that one person, give up anything just for them. It's stupid."

"I think love can be the most powerful thing in the world," he turned his whole body to face my side. "once you find it."

I scoffed, "Find it. See, the fact that it doesn't just come to you? I don't have time for that."

He breathed out a laugh, "You don't have time?"

"Nope." I shook my head.

"Well let me show you." he whispered in a hushed tone, like he didn't want me to hear.

"What?" I removed my gaze from the sky, finally planting them on his hopeful brown eyes.

"Let me prove to you that love is real." he held onto my hands.

"Louis—" I stared down at the ground, our shoes pointed directly at each other.

He gently lifted my chin with his pointer finger and thumb as I felt a spark of electricity build around us. "One day, you'll feel it. I just hope I'm the one that causes it." he whispered.

His lips brushed mine as he leaned in for a kiss. Our lips slowly connected as I sunk down deeper into this trance. My arms found his neck as his held onto my waist. It felt— euphoric.

We slowly disconnected, my eyes stayed closed for a second, trying to process that kiss. They finally opened as I stared at his soft smile and rosy cheeks.

I don't know what love is, but I hope it's him.

a/n:
a very short chapter, but a much needed one.
i hope ur doing well. i just got my first dose of the vaccine, so i'm getting a little more hopeful for the future. i love you, ur trying your best, i'm trying my best. let's do it together :)
bye <3

- x, sofia