𝐢.

the portal。゚•┈୨♡୧┈•゚。

the portal
。゚•┈୨♡୧┈•゚。

I CLOSED MY BEDROOM DOOR SHUT. My black knee high boots tapped each step of the staircase as I lugged my red suitcase with both of my arms. I made it to the bottom of the stairs, dropping my suitcase on the hardwood floor. "Mom! I'm leaving!" I saw my mom race over to the front door where I stood, engulfing me into a large hug.

"Have fun, honey. Remember, don't get pregnant, don't do drugs, don't vape, don't get in trouble, no boyfriend, and stay on top of your classes. But have fun!" My mom wanted to be the "cool mom" after my dad died. She was always the strict parent, so having to become both my mom and dad has been hard on her.

She always expects the best from me. She wants me to be top student at Orphic Academy just like her and dad were. They actually met at the academy. They were best friends and had a whole rivalry with another couple. They all competed against each other for years and they apparently still hate, said couple. I never learned who this mystery rival couple was, but they brought my parents together. So cliché, I know. Love is dead. Honestly, I don't think it ever existed. It's just a word made up by some bored old man and everyone just ran with it.

I've been on this earth for seventeen years and I've never experienced love. So even if it was real, I don't think anyone could love me. I don't even love me. They always start liking me, we get close, they find out what I'm really like, and then they leave. If love is just an endless cycle of disappointment, I'd rather not have to deal with it.

After saying my goodbyes, I walked into the small rose garden leading me to the portal. The portal takes you anywhere in the other world. If you didn't know, the other world is for those with magic. It's very much like this world, but so much better.

The fire grew on my hand as I traced the portal which eventually opened. I saw the glowing light from the other side as I walked through. One second I was in south london and now I was standing in Orphic Dell: the home of magic.

I dragged my suitcase on the rocky pathway as I made my way to the school. It was tall and elegant like a castle. It was at least a hundred years old and with its historic reputation, it made this school the most prestigious in this world.

There are two schools here. One is The Orphic Academy, which is for those who are well-skilled in their magic category. The other is Dell High, which is for those who haven't yet mastered/aren't even a pinch of good at their specialized category. If you pass the final exam there, you qualify to go to Orphic Academy. it's very much like high school, but a lot more intense.

I walked through the open black iron gates as my feet hit the ground of the school. The familiar feeling of nostalgia hit me as I was reminded of the best years of my life here. I am a third year here and am the top student in every class. All the teachers love me, new students fear/worship me, and my friends—they are the best people you could ever meet.