TBD 22

Fight back.

My cheeks blushed uncontrollably.

I kissed Rex. Oh my gosh!

"Hannah, why is your cheek so red? Are you okay?" Suzy asked as she munched on pizza.

"It's... hot," I stammered before fleeing to my room and locking the door.

DUG DUG DUG.

I tossed my bag aside and dialed Merida.

[ Hello? ]

"Omg Merida! You won't believe what happened today!" I exclaimed, collapsing onto my bed with a goofy grin.

[ What happened? ]

"I kissed Rex!" I burst into laughter as I heard someone choke on the other end of the line.

"Are you okay, Meri?"

[ H-huh? What happened? Hannah, I'll call you later. ]

Furrowing my brow, I wondered what had just happened. She hung up so abruptly. Tsk.

I sighed and sat down.

What's wrong with her?

---

"AHHH... so you didn't kiss on the lips?" I laughed and shook my head at Merida.

"Of course not! It was just a cheek kiss," I clarified, feeling embarrassed for Rex.

"Oh, it's just on the cheek!"

"Why? Do you think I'm easy?" I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Nope. Don't get me wrong, someone might be feeling jealous," Merida teased, adjusting her earbuds.

"Jealous? Rex and I?" I shook my head in disbelief and grabbed my Oreo cake.

"Ah, never mind me," she said, glancing away.

"Oh, speaking of..." As I turned to my left, I was surprised by a flower being thrust into my face.

"Awe, Rex!" I smiled as he kissed my forehead.

"Hey beautiful," he greeted, taking a seat beside me.

"Thank you," I replied, returning his smile.

"You two are so gross," Zach joked.

"Yeah, I mean, come on. Are you trying to make us lose our appetite?" Merida laughed along.

"I'm single. But sorry, you're not my type. I might catch something just looking at you," she joked, causing everyone to burst into laughter.

"Excuse me? I'm clean! I could get you pregnant right now!" Zach retorted.

"Okay, that's enough. Baka tuluyan na kayong ma develop!" Rex intervened, earning chuckles from both of them.

"Yuck!"

"Ew!"

I couldn't imagine them together. I mean, Zach and Merida? They're not a good match. They're like cats and dogs, always fighting, and Zach is such a player. I wish he'd stop fooling around. Maybe then I'd support him for my friend and prevent Merida from going crazy over that Timothy guy!

"I envy you! We're surrounded by couples, Blade!" I shifted my attention to Blade.

"Hey, Blade! That's mine!" I rolled my eyes in annoyance as he smiled.

"You weren't paying attention to it anyway. I thought you didn't care anymore. I'll take it," I sighed loudly.

Is he really the president's son?! Why does he act like he's never been fed?!