TBD 13

Jealous

February 5, 2XXX

Dear Diary,

Excitement fills the air as Valentine's Day approaches, and everyone anticipates the influx of chocolates once again. But this year, I find myself yearning for something different — perhaps Oreo cookies and cream ice cream?

"So... she's into Oreos?"

My train of thought is interrupted by my father's voice. He's rarely home, always busy with his duties as the President, so his unexpected presence startles me. I quickly conceal Hannah's diary in my bag, thankful I wasn't caught red-handed.

"Dad," I greet him, trying to appear casual.

"Blade," he chuckles, seeming amused by my reaction. "You're up early, son."

My father's dedication to serving the country is admirable, but it often means sacrificing family time. Despite his fatigue, he's always committed to his responsibilities, striving to make a difference for Filipinos and future generations.

I clear my throat, feeling a pang of guilt for hiding Hannah's diary. "I have to go, Dad."

"Looks like you have a date, huh?" he teases.

"It's that Valeria girl again, Dad," I sigh, mentally cursing my sister Lucky for her big mouth.

"Oh! The one you're always talking about?"

I shoot Lucky a glare, silently cursing her again for blabbering about Hannah.

"So, when do I get to meet her, son?"

"Dad, it's not—"

"Come on! I've been through that, Blade. Don't be shy," he interrupts, earning an incredulous look from me.

Shy? Me?

I shake my head, incredulous at the suggestion. "Whatever, Dad, I have to go," I say, quickly exiting the room to avoid further embarrassment.

"BLADE LIKES HANNAH VALERIA!" Lucky's voice echoes after me as I escape to my car.

Like Hannah? Have they all lost their minds?

Angry and frustrated, I head to school, my thoughts consumed by Valentine's Day and the upcoming confession I've been contemplating.

As I park near the school, I'm still pondering what gift would truly make Hannah's day special. Lost in thought, I step out of the car and head towards the campus, mentally rehearsing various gift ideas.

Just as I reach the entrance, I spot Hannah walking towards me. Surprised but pleased by the coincidence, I can't help but smile.

"Hannah! Fancy seeing you here," I greet warmly.

"Hey, Blade! What a coincidence indeed," she responds with equal enthusiasm.

As we walk towards our classroom together, conversation flows effortlessly between us. We discuss our plans for Valentine's Day, sharing anecdotes and teasing each other.

"May nagugustuhan kana?" I ask, noticing the blush creeping up her cheeks.

"Yes.. I'm actually planning to confess to him," she admits, habang ako ay hindi na makangiti. Sumama bigla yung pakiramdaman ko. Feeling a sudden rush of emotions. Before I can overthink it, I quickly head to my locker to put my basketball shoes, muttering a curse under my breath.

"Wow naman sana all," Rex chuckles, but I'm not in the mood for jokes.

"Hindi nakakatuwa, Rex," I grumbled, picking up a pile of letters scattered on the ground.