TBD 23

Warning: This chapter contains curses and some actions that nobody should take or imitate because they are the product of the author's imagination. Please read at your own risk, this is a warning.

Cheated

"Grand-mère?" What is she doing here?

Has she been here all along?

When I recovered from my surprise, I bowed respectfully.

"I'm sorry, Grand-mère," I said as she smiled and touched my arm.

"Is this how you treat my granddaughter, Nareya?"

"M-ma-"

SLAP!

"How dare you! And you clearly sided with your daughter sa ibang lalaki!"

We all gasped in shock.

W-what?

What is Grand-mère saying?

Another man's daughter?

"Grand-mère-"

"Don't call me Grand-mère! You're nothing to me!"

"MAMA!"

SLAP!

Grand-mère slapped Mama hard again.

"Don't you dare shout at me, you promiscuous woman!"

What does she mean?

I could see Mama's trembling lips. Kuya immediately went to Suzy, whose eyes were red from crying.

"I've put up with everything, even though I didn't want you for my son, Nareya, because my son loves you so much! But to hurt my granddaughter? I will never let this go!"

"Grand-mère," tears streamed down my cheeks like rain. She looked at me and caressed my cheek.

"It's okay, Hannah. You're not leaving, okay? And I'm sorry. I just found out what's been going on in this house. I'll make it up to you. I'll take care of you," I sobbed.

"It's good that my granddaughter grew up right and kind," Grandma looked at my older brother, who shook his head in disappointment.

"I'm so disappointed in you, Dion. You're very smart and capable, but this is very important. You should have told me. Why didn't you? When did you find out that Nareya is hurting Hannah? Why didn't you tell me or complain to your dad?"

"I'm sorry, Grand-mère. I was very busy with the company," Kuya mumbled.

"What a lame excuse! What's the use of a cellphone if you don't use it?" Kuya remained silent.

"Grand-mère, Kuya Dion is not at fault. Don't get mad at him, please," I pleaded.

"I'm sorry, Dion. I got carried away with shock," she said reluctantly.

"It's... fine, Grand-mère," Kuya said, looking down. Grandma nodded at him before turning to Mama, who knelt in front of her without hesitation.

"Mama, I'm sorry--"

"Leave."

"Mama, please--"

"Get out, you promiscuous woman! If you don't want me to drag you out myself!"

"Grand-mère, please stop. Let's wait for Dad--"

"Will you please shut up, Dion? I'm the one in charge in this house. And if I say your promiscuous mother has to leave, she will!"