4. ᴛʜᴇ ʙɪɢ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

"what the hell is the big three?"

The next day Thalia and Bucky were eating breakfast while the new Captain America was sitting in a chair talking to a woman that interviewed him

"John Walker, the first person in American history to receive three Medals of Honor, ran RS- One mission in counterterrorism and hostage rescue. The government did a study of your body at MIT, and you tested off the charts in every measurable category. Speed, endurance, intelligence" the woman told the people. "Look, here's the thing, uh, I'm not Tony Stark. I'm not Doctor Banner, okay? I don't have the flashiest gadgets, I don't have super strength. But what I do have is guts. Something Captain America always had, always needs to have, and I'm going to need every ounce of it. Because I got big shoes to fill." The man said as he looked at the people.

"Does he seriously think he can be Captain America?" Thalia said while her face contorted into anger. Steve was Bucky's best friend, his ride or die, now they think some soldier can take on his legacy? Hell fucking no.

"Did you know Steve Rogers?" The blonde woman asked him, "I was two years out of West Point when Steve came back on the scene. I followed his career very closely as an Avenger. Uh- I like to think that I molded my work after this." The man answered her.

"So you've always wanted to be a hero?"

"I liked that what I was doing would make people feel safe. Steve Rogers was that kind of guy who could do that, he gave me hope. Even though I never met him, he feels like a brother." The man answered her question.

Thalia scoffed and shut the TV off, she couldn't believe that guy.

"What was Sam thinking when he got rid of the shield?" Bucky asked still mad that this guy was trying to be like Steve, like Captain America.

"Breathe James, I'm mad too. Why don't we get changed and go talk to Sam? How does that sound?" Thalia asked as she took his metal hand in hers and gently rubbed her thumb across his knuckles, it always calmed him down even as the Winter Soldier.

"Yeah, okay." He said more calmly this time.

꧁꧂

As she and Bucky walked into the military base they saw Sam walking down a staircase. He talked to a man that was dressed in a military uniform, the man saw them first but decided against saying anything.

"Shouldn't have given up the shield", Bucky said as they approached them.

"Good to see you too, Buck", Sam said simply while nodding his head to Thalia in acknowledgment.

"This is wrong", Bucky said as they followed them.

Sam stopped walking, "Hey, hey look, I'm working, all right? So all this outrage has to wait."