Chapter 14- Celaena

Walking out of the training room, I was breathing in deeply. It was too close, far too close. I had almost let it escape, I couldn't let it escape. I'm no longer that girl. I left her behind. She has no room in my mind or heart. I was breathing even deeper now, I couldn't save them. I watched my kingdom fall. I was the doom of my kingdom. I could've done more. There was an overwhelming sense of panic coursing through me, I needed to get out. Instead of going to my room, I paced through the house, searching for a way out. On my third corridor, I ran into someone. Looking up, I saw shadows and immediately knew who it was. 

"Looks like I have a stalker." I said, trying to hide my panicked state with my usual sass.

"If you count walking through the halls and being barreled into by someone being a stalker, then yes I guess I am." Azriel said, looking at me suspiciously.

"I suppose then, you're right. What can I do for the mysterious shadow master?"

"Maybe tell me what you're doing just walking the halls?"

"Ahhh, but where's the fun in that? Shouldn't the secret master for once not know someones secrets?" I say. He looked at me and sighed. These faes seem to be doing that a lot around me. I start to walk past him, keeping my demeanor so that it doesn't look like I want out. Sadly, he didn't seem to take the hint and walked next to me. 

"I restate my claim of you being a stalker." I say, while looking at him.

"Blame it on my curiosity, but I'm not gonna let you be alone without supervision."

"Pity." I say with a sarcastic smile. We keep walking through the hallways, in very awkward silence. I decided that I'll break it, because why not?

"Are you really sure you want to stay with me? I promise I won't cause trouble." I say with a wink.

"Yes, I am. I don't understand how you've gotten the others to hesitantly trust you, but I'm not that easy to convince."

"I thought it'd be Amren giving me this talk, but please continue. This is just too enthralling." Rolling my eyes, I turn a corner and find myself staring at a door. Wondering if this is finally a way out, I try to open it. It was locked, hadnt stopped me before. I quickly reach into my boots while Azriel was looking at me weirdly. 

"Yes, because a sock will be what will open this door." He says sarcastically.

"Oh but you underestimate, dear Azriel," I say while pulling out one of the knives I took from the training room. 

"How'd you get that?" He said, eyes widening.

"Well, I guess that would be for me to know, and for you to never find out." Opening the door, I step into the dark room. Looking at Azriel, I silently asked him if he could turn the lights on. Sighing, he let his power flow through the room and turned the lights on. Even his curiosity was peaked. I studied the room, expecting some old abandoned closet, but it was more than that, it was a library, but it felt familiar. Going to one of the bookcases, I opened one of the books. Quickly reading the first paragraph, I dropped the book. This couldn't be a coincidence, these sort of things never are. 

"No, it can't be." I whispered, hoping it wasn't true.

"What is it?" Asked Azriel. I looked to him, trying to get the words out of my mouth. 

"I- I- I- I need to go." Running out the room, I sped through the hallways, revisiting my old panic. I finally made it to where I was heading. Briefly knocking on her door, I slam the door open and find Amren in her room reading. She looks at me and sees that I'm panicking. Closing her book, she stands up.

"What's wrong?" She asks.

"I- I- I can't tell you, but just follow me." She follows me out the door and down the corridors. Making my way to the door, I see Azriel still there. He looks back up at me, confused at why I reacted to the book in such a way. I look back at Amren and point to the book. She grabs it and flips through it, skimming the paragraphs. Looking up from the book, I could see shock on her face.

"How did you find this?" She asks.

"I was walking around, looking for a way out, and I thought this would lead me away. I never expected something like this to be in here."

"Can someone please explain to me what's going on? What's a big deal about some journal?"

"It's not just some journal," Amren said, "It's Elena Galathynius Havilliard's personal journal."

Hi again! I am so so so sorry for not updating. I didn't realize it had been that long until I checked. Again, I am so sorry. I hope everyone stays safe, and I promise that the story will pick up the pace in the next few chapter. I'll see you guys next time!