Chapter 1- Celaena

Celaena Sardothien, Adarlan's Assassin, and Kings Champion was a shitty student. She may enjoy reading and learning but that was completely different from the squiggly marks that she was being taught. Nehemia had been teaching her about the wyrdmarks and she just couldn't seem to get the hang of them.

"Elentiya are you even paying attention?"

"No, I'm too busy trying not to fall asleep!"

It's true, she was bored, tired, and hadn't slept thanks to having to trail her next target.

"Maybe we can continue this tomorrow," I said, "I need my beauty sleep."

"Ok, but don't you dare get upset when you can't even lock a door."

Nehemia got up and was on her way to the door when Celaena realized that Nehemia hadn't gotten rid of the wyrdmarks.

"Aren't you going to clean that?" I said

"Why can't you do it? You're closer!" Nehemia said

"Because I'm 89 percent sure that I might activate one while trying to clean it"

"Come on, you know that it's more dangerous leaving it there!"

"Fine! (Insert eye roll) I'll do it." I get off my bed and head to the wyrdmarks,, I make sure not to accidentally step on fleetfoot, and turn to Nehemia.

"Come on Elentiya! I don't want to be stuck here all night!" Nehemia said, "I'm coming!" I tell her. As I reach the wyrdmarks I notice something off about them, they weren't in normal charcoal like usual, they were shiny and had a darker color to them. "Hey Nehemia! Can you come here quickly?" Nehemia comes over and sees they marks.

"What is that?" She says but I can tell she didn't direct the question at me, I don't care and answer for her. "It looks like some weird type of blood."

"Well whatever it is, I don't like it hurry and clean it up." I head over to the bathroom and grab a towel, I wet it and go back to Nehemia. I quickly wipe the marks off and head back into the bathroom to wash the towel. I look at Nehemia expecting her to have dismissed the problem but she looks like she's going to be sick. I finish cleaning the towel and head back to her.

"Now that that's done, out! I need sleep!", Nehemia heads to the door and leaves the room. I go to the closet and change into a nightgown. Fleetfoot having woken up and curling back onto the bed. I go next to her and slide under the covers. I can't help but feel nervous about what that stuff was but eventually I fall asleep deciding it was nothing. I can't wait for tomorrow, Nehemia promised she would teach me a mark that can teleport you anywhere.