Chapter 9-Amren

There was something about that girl. I can't seem to place it but a rhyme keeps coming to mind every time I look at her eyes.

Ashryver Eyes

The fairest eyes, from legend old

Of brightest blue, ringed with gold.

The Ashryver family, I hadn't seen them in what seem like eons, and I'll never see them again. Aelin, poor little Aelin. I remember meeting her once, she had no control on her power and accidently set my riding leathers on fire. If magic exists both here and there, how come I only have access to it here? If there is no more magic there, how do they ride on their brooms. Do they start aging? I was deep in thought when the girl, Celaena, came up to me. 

"Amren what are you thinking about?"

"None of your business. Go away!" The girl stopped and looked me in the eyes. I took this time to study them blue, ringed with gold. We both gasped at the same time.

"Y-you...., y-you..." I didn't know how she had those eyes, but if what she said was true. She should be dead. Everyone must think she's dead.

"Your that witch, the one I met once!" When she realized this, she also must have realized that her eyes gave her away.

"Shit." I was still stuttering like a fool, trying to understand how this happened. She looked at me and came closer. Right next to my ear, so that only I could hear her,

"I will tell you what happened, once we get to this Velaris place. For now only refer to me as Celaena Sardothien. I don't want them to know."

After that she left, and went with Azriel, and Cassian. I was fine with this since I was in a daze. Today I had learned that the Fae are mostly extinct, so I could never go back in this form. Baba Yellowlegs is dead, and I have a suspicion that the girl in front of me had something to do with that. However, I can't be right, because she is a princess. Not a killer. Princess, it sounds so weird to use that word to describe her, but it's true. Celaena Sardothien is Aelin Ahsryver Galathynius. She had a power that could surpass the High Lord's and she didn't even know it. I looked back at her and back down, knowing that she somehow knew my every move. My dazed state must have been very obvious because a few seconds later I felt 2 presences enter my mind.

Are you okay Amren? said Feyre, You don't look like you're doing to well.

I'm fine

You know I heard that when women say they're fine, it usually means they are not fine.

That is a lie, both Feyre and I said this. We don't want him knowing our secrets.

Ok, whatever you say.

Seriously, Amren, are you okay?

Yes of course I'm okay, I just learned that some of my best friends in my old world are dead, and that their adorable daughter is dead. On top of that, magic no longer exists and the Fae are close to being hunted to extinction. Remember, I am a Fae now, meaning I can't go back unless I want to be killed.

Okay glad to know that you're feeling fine. Rhys said this

Rhysand, she was being sarcastic!

Ohhhh, see I am the King at hiding things and I couldn't tell that.

Yes you are, but I still love you

I love you too, Feyre darling

Ugh flirt inside you're own heads. Right now, get out!

They finally left my mind, and I have to admit that they did sorta get me out of my daze. I went over to Celaena, who was playing with Cassian. I think, who can annoy Azriel the most. They seem to be doing an excellent job because Azriel looked like he wanted to strangle both of them. I decided to stop them before they could do that. I turned to Celaena,

"Your room will be right here, I am pretty sure you know the way to the dining room. With the way you were analyzing everything." She didn't try to deny it, and instead went inside the room.  Probably to take a bath, she always did love baths. I bade everyone goodbye, and winnowed  to my house. I went over to the cupboard and opened up one of the flasks with blood. I poured myself a glass and sat down, looking at the half of the Book of Breathings. I recognized the writing, it was wyrdmarks. Problem was, I didn't really know much about them. Only the basics. I stared at the book a little longer and decided that I would continue decoding it tomorrow. Right now I want to sit down and ponder the mystery that is Aelin Ashryver Galathynius.

Hello! Please don't kill me! I am soooooooooo sorry for how late this update is! I was having a bit of writers block, I had school, and I didn't really know how to do Amren's perspective. Anyway, I am sorry and will try to update more during the weekend. Sooo, I have a question and some of you might have an answer. What was Sorcha's last name? See you guys next time.