Chapter 2- Celaena

I woke up before dawn getting ready to go with Chaol for our daily run. I quickly change and head to the kitchen for a quick slice of chocolate cake. I meet chaol in the garden and we start.

"How was your lesson with Nehemia?" Chaol said.

"Good, we had to end it quickly because there was something off about what we were practicing." Not entirely true but not a lie either.

"Do you plan on seeing her again today?"

"Yeah, but I don't know if what she's going to teach me will even help me in the future." (Chaol doesn't know about wyrdmarks yet, he thinks that Celaena is learning the language of Ellywe. I apologize again for any spelling errors)

*le time skip for later in the day*

Gods, I was exhausted I had just finished training with Chaol and the trailing Archer Finn. I grab a book and start to get comfortable when I hear a knock on the door. I'm hoping it's Chaol I wanted to spend some time with him. I open the door and Nehemia walks in.

"Elentiya, do you want to start the class now instead of in the night?" Asks Nehemia

Noooooooo, is what I wanted to say but that was rude. I may be many things but I wasn't rude, most of the time.

"Sure Nehemia, where do you want to practice the wyrdmarks?", I say

"Somewhere more secure, after last night I don't want anything to mess with the wyrdmarks." She starts heading out the door, I follow her and she takes me to one of the hidden alcoves in the garden. We quickly set all the books and charcoal down. Nehemia starts talking about what type of mark we were going to learn today.

"Now Elentiya, I need you to pay attention these marks can be very dangerous. I want you to start by drawing and the mark for space (I'm making this up), good, now I want you to draw the mark for moving next to the one for space in a semicircle. Very good, next draw the marks for speed, time, and air in the same semicircle fashion. Finally I want you to copy the mark I'm about to make and put it inside the semicircle." I do as I'm told and copy the last mark. The one in the middle, like Nehemia explained, is supposed to be the symbol of where you want to go. Once I'm done with the marks Nehemia tells me to walk inside the semicircle. The next thing I knew I was in my room. Nehemia appears right next to me and says,

"The symbol you copied was the one for your room, and that's why you appeared in your room. Now do it again and I'll show you the symbol for the garden. Be very careful even the smallest mistake will take you to a whole different place."

I make sure to do it all right and then copy down the new symbol she showed me. I step in the semicircle again and go to the garden.

"You learn quite quickly Elentiya, now I want you to make one last portal to take you to the other side of the castle. I'm going to go first and I'll see you there but watch the mark in the middle very carefully." She quickly makes the portal and disappears. I copy the marks in the correct order and look at the mark in the middle. It looked different than the other middle marks I had copied. I didn't question it and copied it exactly. I get ready to step in but right before I disappear everything changes. The charcoal changes into a dark, blood like substance. The portal changes from a light, comforting red to a bright yellow that looks like the sun, and a ocean like blue. I decide to remake the portal but something pulls me in.

"Shit!" And I'm falling.