Chapter 13

Roderich then felt his foot be blocked by something and with the force he had stormed out with he promptly tripped and fell. Contrary to what he had expected he hadn't had a hard landing and instead laid across something rather soft. His glasses were flung off and he opened his eyes confused to meet a pair of fierce green ones staring back at him. "What are you yelling for?" the person who he had searched for with such eager intent asked in a growl. "Get off!" Vash then yelled and tried to push Roderich off who didn't budge a millimeter. The poor man was confused out of his wits as the last thing he had expected was to find Vash this soon and in this manner as well. "Hey!" The blonde beneath him called again and yanked him out of his daze. He blushed and got a bit flustered before he scurried off of him and then slid his hands around on the floor for his glasses. "...Sorry" he then spoke feeling his heart race. He still felt the others warmth on his body and didn't even notice how Vash got up to hand him his glasses.

"Here." the Swiss muttered and watched how his attacker of sorts stood up. "So, what the hell were you yelling for? Thought I'd abandon Lilly?" he then hissed but it sounded way less harsh than he had wanted to. When he had heard Roderich scream this distressed for his name it had surprised him but even he could hear the slight tremble in the man. What was he so desperate for? Roderich adjusted his collar and dusted himself off as he tried to act calm again.

Instead of retaliating towards what Vash said he looked the short tempered man firmly in the eyes. "How long have you been outside? It's cold." he spoke calmly and stepped closer to he other. Softly he put his hand on the others shoulder close to his neck and looked him over. Vash was dumbfounded and didn't move an inch. What was he doing? Why did Roderich act as if he was worried?

"...uh- Well not that long and I've got a thick coat, I'm really not cold." Vash replied with no hostility in his voice as he held up the eye contact trying to figure the other one out. Both of them stood in silence for a second, for anyone to see far too close than necessary and only after a driving by car woke them up from their trance they separated and looked away.

Roderich coughed to clear his throat. "Well then that is good... In the kitchen there's some fruits and coffee so please help yourself if you need anything, that's all" he spoke trying to fill the awkward void. ".....right." he heard Vash respond and again none of them moved. Vash wanted to go back inside but he felt walking past Roderich to get to the door while he stood still was just too unbearable so he waited for Roderich to go first.

However the man felt like it'd be rude to be the first one to walk in and turn his back to his guest so he remained there. Another few seconds passed and it was Vash this time who gulped and then made a step forward. "I.. I'll be inside then..." he spoke his eyes watching the other but once he had his back turned to Roderich, grimaced. So awkward! He felt how the Austrian started moving as well and when they were putting off their shoes Roderich suddenly glanced back at Vash. "Right, Vash, did I hurt you earlier? I fell on top of you with all of my body..." the brunette asked as a worried expression painted his face and he put a hand on Vash's back yet again.

Vash raised a brow and crossed his arms. "Of course you didn't hurt me. Look at you, you might be tall but you're not that strong or heavy. If I would've gotten hurt by you I could barely call myself an adult now, could I?" Vash told him turning his head a bit to the side. He didn't know why but something about Roderich thinking of im as something frail really struck a nerve in him. What he didn't want to acknowledge was that Roderich's worry was totally understandable. Vash did have muscle and not few of those, definitely more than he himself but Vash's frame was smaller and he looked thin like he hadn't eaten well the past days. In addition to that with the little sleep Vash was getting he had a pale complexion and overall looked like he could break if you just stubbed your toe on him.