Chapter 15

A bit dazed Vash sat up when he woke up the next day, his limbs feelings heavy and the light way too bright for his eyes. He looked around and to his relief discovered that he had not left the Austrian's house completely drunk and was now lying in a field alone but instead he woke up in the soft sheets he was a bit familiar with at this point. He blinked a few times and sat up with a groan. Why was the sun so bright? Couldn't it just calm down a little? And not to forget why were those annoying birds outside this noisy? With his hand he ran through his hair and yawned looking at himself and seeing that he was in his pajamas. At least he had been able to dress himself and find his way to his room because there'd be no way.... "Wh-" he stopped dead in his tracks. He had been about to stand up but his eyes had fallen on the laptop that was neatly closed with sticky notes on it. He had left it there the day before he had thought, but those sticky notes definitely weren't his..?! He took the laptop and yanked the sticky notes away to read them, a frown on his face and his headache seemingly amplifying. "I've made a sample for you with a structure you can orient yourself on and also organized your CV, you should be able to find them in a folder called 'CV sample'. The finished text is in the word documents folder." He read out load, his voice sore for some reason.

While reading it the horror dawned to him that Roderich had in fact laid next to him the other day and that he had indeed fallen asleep and also that....Roderich had tucked him in. Not to mention how embarrassing it was to have had Roderich write the whole application for him. Really the headache he had had before seemed to be at least twice as bad now as he hid his face in his palm. So not only had he made a fool out of himself by drinking like it was his first time until he blacked out, no, also he had let Roderich take care of him when he had fallen asleep. How bad could this still get?! After a moment of silence to bury his dignity in his mind he stood up and staggered to the bathroom to wash his face. One look in the mirror already told him he looked worse than they previous days altogether and he decided that he wouldn't touch alcohol for a while for sure. He brushed through his hair and decided to brush his teeth as well to get rid of that nasty mouth drying taste on his tongue and he walked over to his suitcase to pick out some new clothes for himself. He definitely needed to wash his clothes soon since otherwise he'd have none left by the time he needed it. Only his suits were left and shirts and pretty much no casual clothing at all so his outfit consisted of a plain white shirt that day and some black cotton pants. He felt a bit better now that he didn't look exactly like the drug addict down the street and left his room to go downstairs. He hadn't checked how late it was but for once he was super hungry and his stomach definitely told him so. Going down he heard the coffee machine being used so he carefully snuck down the staircase and peeked inside of the living room to catch a glance of the kitchen further back. Upon seeing no one in it yet he decided to walk closer and button his shirt up completely now before he walked in and as expected saw Roderich.

Now really it hadn't been a surprise to find him there next to the coffee machine since who other than an adult would be using it but what stunned Vash was the brunette's condition. He looked even worse than Vash so had he perhaps drunk more after him? Roderich who was leaning on one of his arms on the kitchen counter and looking outside, coffee in hand, didn't even notice the other's arrival and just sighed soundlessly. "....morning" Vash then spoke up visibly surprising Roderich and making him turn around.

Roderich looked him over and gulped a bit but then guiltily looked away taking a sip from his mug. "How are you feeling?" He then ended up asking Vash after all who had sized him up by now and didn't take his eyes off of him. "Slight headache...but otherwise I'm good.." the blonde replied and took a step closer. A moment Roderich had almost thought Vash was reaching out to him but obviously he was just as quickly disappointed when the shorter man pressed a button on the coffee machine and took a cup to make one for himself.