Chapter 16 " Quite Observant "

* * *

Kacey sat on the couch as she was welcomed by Allister. Holding her breath, idling for the words to come out from Allister, she sat still, but her eyes couldn't concentrate, and she couldn't help but look around further.

Allister deliberately walked towards that window and its perimeters, mesmerizing the perfect morning view. With her black casual dress above the knee.

“Someone suggested I need to open... diving or jumping sports on these buildings. “Allister injected a topic and made a confused tone to compel Kacey to start having a conversation to ease the tense.
“Ah, Skydive, not sure some name after their company, “Katie's replied, holding her backpack straps, still not moving a muscle.

“Come stand next to me,” Allister said.

“I didn't say yes, not my thing of accidents; I don't want this place to be haunted, “she added. Kacey only listened carefully, looking at her.
Allister walks a few steps away from Kacey watching down.

The room was 95 percent made of glass and 5 percent of stainless steel. Mostly immense, with a table and a couch with surveillance cameras on each corner on the ceiling and touchpads everywhere; from there you can see almost the entire metropolis.
Kacey and Allister stood still holding the strapped backpack in awe like a student on a tour. She holds still, releasing the friction she felt and the awkward shyness she felt.

Challenging her sanity, who are these people?

“Liked the view? “Allister folded her arms across her chest.

“Neurvous, the view,” she said as Allister's knee starts shaking when she peeks down the edges.

“Did you like it? “Allister asked, walking closer to her, gently chuckling. Holding her breath, waiting.
Arianna, why do you look like her? Like a sister, Except Allister, had piercing blue eyes. Orianna had greens once. That I am attracted to it.
Kacey wipes off her thoughts. She looked down, feeling the nerves on her knee shaking still.

“I feel standing; it is like a bird's-eye view; I can see almost the next island over there,” she conveys.
Allister understands the way Kacey felt and how she communicates how she feels about it.

“I was unaware that you owned one of these skyscraper buildings, and that island there looks like talking to this building,” Kacey imposes, stepping behind away from the glass walls.

“Your observant, “Allister commended, a small escaped on her lips.

“Hold a second, it's like a Morse signaling in here...wait.” Kacey aggressively looked carefully at that red light blinking, and she counts.

Kacey grabbed her phone and read the blink.

“What does it say, Kacey? “Allister, quite fascinated by her waiting? Allister creased both of her hands on the pockets of her trousers.

Unusually, Allister was drawn to Kacey, like that night she saw at the park sitting on one of the benches alone.