Chapter 11 " Fathers daughter "

"Mom, what on earth! A pay check? Mom, what did you do?"

The heaviness of the heap of sacks automatically felt like it was shoved into Kacey's shoulders after seeing the paycheck her mother dropped. Their house was sold by her mother due to her indecencies as an alcoholic. Now, her mom ends up crashing on her place for good. Especially that she had nowhere to go except her younger daughter. Kacey realizes that her mother needs help with her situation, being an alcohol addict.

"Wait, hold a second, stand right there, "her mom said, walking around her daughter, never leaving the sight of her arms even as she swayed walking.

"Since when you butchered your body with tattoos, Kacey, huh? So, are you gay now? That's why you decided to leave me like your dad? This time with a woman?" she said, looking at her.

"Mom, what are you talking about? Are you drunk again?" wondered her mother.

"Your father, Kacey, "changing course, the subject trying to compose herself under circumstances.

"What about him, mom?" Kacey was having some glass of water, trying to ignore her mother, not allowing her to get to her nerve.

"I lied, sweetheart, "she replied, combing her hair with her fingers and looking at her daughter, making her best self as much as she could. "Is he gay?" she said, giving the glass of water.

"I've seen him, one-time mom, way back when I was a teenager, but I didn't understand that thing back then, "she added. Kacey knew it, seeing her dad with the man in his car holding his hands and kissing and a departing kiss on his lips.

"Your father's daughter after all, "a deep sighed was released, looking down; a few strands of her hair followed." So, you have a woman here now?" She looked around the place, making evidence of herself whilst she's in the spirit of alcohol that Kacey must have known on nonsense under its influence.

"No, mom, no, I haven't," she said calmly. "If you decided to have one, give me a heads-up, so I will leave," she said, changing course in front of her.

"Mom, I get it. I realize he abandons us for a man, and that sucks deeply." A tone of a concerned daughter, especially since they only have each other; her sister was too far from them for her concerns. "I don't want you to be gay, Kacey; eliminate those tattoos even if it will bring the hell out of you! You're a woman fit for a man, not for a woman!" A mean tone of her mother with a disgrace spit in front of Kacey's face, which she felt was very insulting.

"Mom, you're too drunk; that's enough," she said, trying to understand her mother despite the situation. Kacey wiped off those tears on her cheeks. Hearing those words come out from her mom, it struck on her. Even if she was drunk and her senses were lost, it can still hurt.

"Look at yourself, Kacey!" She shouted, pointing at Kacey's face down to her arms. "I'm looking, mom! What's the problem with that? I'm human!" she said, wiping those tears and holding up herself against a drunk woman in front of her.

"Yes, Kacey, human and so gay! Will you be like your father's too? Huh!?" This time she started to be violent and getting physical, not being hesitant to harm; she started throwing things and punching Kacey, aiming at her too drunk to hit her directly.

"Hey, Mom, stop! Stop! Don't go there, you're too drunk! Please! Don't blame everything on me; I'm not him, I'm not you're punching bag or dad!" a sudden hard slap landed on her.

"Oh! Now I won't seek validation, mom! Regardless of who a dad is... But all I see is a happy man. He is happy with him!" She told her, gritted teeth stopping herself.

"What? Are you seeing him with his man?" She molds a fist on her hands, looking at her daughter and how angry she was also with him. "TTalk, Kacey! Tell me what's going on!" she shouted.

"No, mom, I haven't met the man personally, but I did talk to him, my dad, once, and he looks so happy," she confesses, standing away from her, feeling the itchiness from the slap she received. "Goddamn it! Both of you go to hell!" She became more hysterical with her actions, a tiny snap that she would end up in the hospital.

Kacey holds herself as much as she can for her mother and how pain changes her. Now she remembers one of her drunk guests telling her to befriend with pain; it means acceptance.

Now she knew what the woman said to her; it does make sense now.

"Mom! Please! Calm down!" she rushed and hugged her, making her stop aside from breaking things inside her place. She might report to landlords with her neighbors.

"I know it hurts and that sucks mom, I can't take those pain away. I won't seek any validation or convince you to accept it, but you to just listen to it. I'm sorry, okay, and for dad to both of you, by protecting it from me, but I get it, I get it, really mom, I did get you. "She attempts to comfort her mother, sobbing and drowning her sorrow with alcohol. Kacey seeing it, her mom loves his man more than herself.

"You are not Kacey; don't try to defend your father here and you, yourself!" Constant and resisting her.

"Then what now, mom? What will you do if this is me? Beat me and slapped me of all your frustrations and disappointment from dads that am I going to pay for it? What the hell, mom? Wake up!"

"And since when did you go to the gym, Kacey? And have those tattoos, huh? Is that how to look like a gay?" Changing her tone again, this time slapping both arms of being so irritated looking at her.

"Mom! Stop it! Yes, I'm gay, okay! Deal with it, and so my dad! Act like an adult for once! Life is not always having rainbow colors but grays too! If you can't handle it, then you have a huge problem. Not mine to deal with!" She said and pulled her keys and fled.

"Kacey! Wait! Where are you going! Wait!"

"To hell, mom. I got tickets from being gay." The door blasted.

This is what I got arguing with a drunk individual. The first rule of my workplace, I should have known better.

A/N :

It's chapter 11, glad you're still here silently reading,

I hope you find this book interesting and enjoyed reading as much as I do. Thank you.