Chapter 1 " Be friend with pain "

~ o ~

I remember once I had these guests in this classic cozy little restaurant, which I used to call this place.
She said, "You need to be a friend with pain." After what I've heard, I paused, which doesn't make any sense to me. I assumed maybe she's lonely and in pain...

"Uh?" I stuttered. She's suddenly speaking to me; it seems alcohol does the magic this time. I politely observed here that it might be she's drunk. Not only that, but I feel it would be better not to be creepy to our guests. Deep down, I was a bit confused; I didn't initiate a topic once to begin with.

I was wiping on the top bar counter at that moment. She's been sitting long hours in the same spot. She didn't even move a muscle in the same chair, and most never heard a word from me when I let her time alone. Except for signaling to fill her glass and doing my job. As usual, I'm the closing staff, and as always, most people do weird things when they hit rock bottom on alcohol.
In my experience, meeting kinds of people.

I must say they have a life drama with some issues and spend themselves talking to bartenders. Then they find themselves talking to strangers at the counters. Some other bartender shifts who patiently listen to them promise I know better...

Oh... By the way, my name is Kacey; they called me here Kisses. Yes, you heard it right. Sounds like I'll leave it. for you to indulge... I wish I would kiss people to make money for a living, but I'm busting my ass in hours of hard work just to pay my bills!

A year ago, I decided to separate from my drunken mom. She's always like that since they have a divorce with my dad, although nothing special like everybody else is going through. They cope upon alcohol; as to my mom specifically, she was like every guest we have.

I still remember the phrase "you need to be a friend with pain." What the hell is that supposed to mean? Is that you need to be numb? I am not convinced that's what she's pointing out; it sometimes bothers her she's a guest and came out those words came from nowhere. That hit my nerves unexpectedly.

I tried to be nice to her, but she had these walls, so I leave her be enjoying her drinks, and that leaves me with those phrases in my head that don't make sense to me at all. Maybe she had a broken heart. As a server, all you have to do is listen. Sometimes giving an opinion to every drunken guest is not a good idea at all. You wouldn't allow yourself to end up in arguing and trouble, right? Worst, losing a decent job.

"Hi, Kisses! Early shifts? She smirked.

"Oh geez! Yes! I needed some extra tips if I get lucky enough tonight!" I replied to my co-staff, Dana, with enthusiasm.

She's filling up the glass in the dishwasher. I took a glimpse of the door that had a circular window. Everyone is like a busy bee in the kitchen; I never had as busy as these compared to the past few weeks.
I put on my usual attire as a waitress, looking in the life-sized mirror from head to foot.

Located down the hallway, we also have our lockers and changing room. I well groomed myself. The place is classic, so we staff maintain our best selves and are as appealing as possible and look warm and pleasant to our guests. Kind of hard to hide problems; sometimes our eyes can speak even without noticing. But I manage and blend; I took Dana's advice, so it goes well for me, and that can't affect my job at all. Be hospitable in accommodating and serving our every guest.

I neatly comb my hair and make it a bun with these cute pins most women staff require having. Pulled my tiny bow-tie-colored red and white apron we have. Pulled my black sleeves neatly with a mini-vest uniform pair with black slacks and put some light make-up on just to enhance and appeal to welcome our guest.

The place is a bit dimmer with thick carpet and curtains with several plants; the one had wide leaves, and most of all. We had these mini-stages where a few renowned musicians played.

A long counter bar aside and several tables and chairs; some are two-seaters and others for the maximum allowed capacities in the vicinity. And that entitles me as a waitress in these places, me and other staff. They called it a bread and butter place sometimes when we had a break time. Handed me a cigar just to have several puffs. I always remember this one. We had a guest in this little restaurant. She says you need to be a friend with pain, and that still bothers me; it is inside my head.

Checking in, I already noticed a young lady near the window. If I had a degree in photography, I would love to take a few clicks to capture a scene on my camera.

The lady was sitting near the window, and I was standing watching her capture stolen shots without noticing it's perfect for a perfect view. A lonely lady with her teacup, as I call it, looking outside raining and cupping her chin staring at nowhere-she's stunning, I may say. We had several famous guests to admire, but she's uniquely different. Her aura is as delicate as cotton, and her skin is so soft, as I took a glimpse, she composes herself.

A quite well-mannered educated woman, but I noticed something odd while standing there fascinated by her...

A/N:

Hi, thank you for checking out my book. Please consider grammar and phases. Not a native English speaker, please you might consider. Enjoy ReadIng as I enjoy sharing it here. Also, do consider that I write weird stories, not those typical ones.

Copyright © 2020 by The Writing Studio

All Rights Reserved.

Matured Content.

No part of this publication may be reproduced in any form, transmitted, or by means without prior permission from the author. No to plagiarism. (Be unique; harness that gift as a writer.)

All characters that appeared in this it's are fictitious; any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

This is an original creation, purely from imagination. Any similarities to other books are not recognized and related. [Unless there is the author name stated-theWritingStudio*] Inkitt and Wattpad are only my writing platforms. If somewhere else mentions it, it means it's stolen.