Chapter 7 " weeds disguised as flowers "

* * * 

An intimidated breakfast finished. Looking at Orianna walking deliberately, she's pointing forward on her thin metal stick towards her immense walk-in closet. Seeing her like that makes a deep cut inside me, and at the same time I ask, What happened to her if she had an accident? Ended up getting blind? Or she is born blind? Did she ever have a chance to see the world? I wanted her that she would be able to see, and I would be the last person to be excited for her.

"Kacey, come here, please." She softly called my name; it was like the sound of an angel calling my name. Quickly, I felt disregarding my issues and problems in the world. "I'm coming, miss," I replied straight away, my feet quickly, almost rushing towards her.

"Is there anything you want me to do, miss?" I asked, a little sound of concern in her voice, holding one of the brass handles in drawers waiting. "Will you re-arrange this one, Kacey?" she said. "My pleasure to help you, Miss, "I replied, and she motioned, reaching my hand, and seeing it, not being reluctant, I handheld it.

After the want of a feeling of assurance and comfort, she instantly released my hands, watching her trace her fingers on each corner of the drawer, and she stopped. She glides and picks up a book, touching those edges and embossing letter markings on its cover, accustoming the book. I saw something slide between pages. It seemed a dry leaf, not much of a familiar one. Ugh! I can't help this place; everywhere I looked, it seemed dull and dry, but it is her world now, seeing if she pulled that dry leaf out from those pages. I'm here now, seeing dry weed. Ugh! F* me... This is so weird. Why does she have those?

"Come follow me," she said, raising her hand for me to hold her. I held her hand slowly, and we reached the balcony and stood there with the book in her hand, entailing the dryness of a weed.

"Did you meet the people around the house, Kacey?" she asked like she was seeing her.

"Yes, Roman, your butler, her wife Nilde, the chef, the gardener, and the two guards—is there anything I've missed?" She said innocently.

"No, Kacey, you mention it all except the driver, but it's perfect you pay attention to everything," she replied, inhaling the dry leaves and following a little of a smile.

"I'm sorry if I ask, but can I touch your arms, Kacey?" was a reluctant feeling, but part of me decided to allow her to guide her hands on my left arm. She gently glides her fingers on my skin like she's seeing it, tracing each curve on it.

"I'm sorry, but Roman describes you perfectly as he could," she explained gently, serenading ears with her calm and soft voice.

"I'm willing to tell Orianna if you could ask me what I do look like. I hide my inks in my workplaces, but in here I feel like I don't have to," she said, expressing herself with confidence.

"You don't have to, but I want to ask you something. Have you heard that weed disguising as a flower?" she said. "Uh, I'm sorry, but I only see a dry leaf, Orianna. I don't judge if it's a weed or not; all I see is a dead leaf," she said, filling out on her. "Some people don't see wood in trees," she muttered in her ear, standing next to her.

"Kacey, if I were able to see, I wouldn't judge you for who you are, the same as these dry weeds, "she added, looking away blankly towards the front lake view of her room. The only scenery that is not dead and dry.