Chapter 4 " A Dessert "

~ ô ~

"Good evening, Miss Ferguson. May I have your order?" said the other server, approached a couple of minutes after she arrived at the place. She can't ignore the musicians', and their song piece this time was a melodramatic background.

"The usual and the other, I mean dessert, your co-staff named Kisses," she replied, gently tugging her sleeves and simply cupping her chin.

"Excuse me?" The waitress froze after she heard her attempts at lowering her head, paying close attention to what she said, which might sort of be mistaken.

"You heard me clear; now go," she told.

The server walks towards the kitchen to deliver the list order.

"Dana, what is this? We don't have dessert kisses, right? Does this mean she's asking for the chocolate kisses?"

The chef particularly read, and he chuckled afterwards at the ticket in his hands he received.

"She requested kisses; I'm sorry, I need to scratch this one," she took, then made a line on top of the name, canceling.

"Flirting, huh?" The chef grinned, while Kacey stood frozen. Might they start asking questions?

"Hey, Kiss, I bet you need to go to her now or else she will complain," Dana suggested, fluttering.

Weird people

Kisses rolled her eyes, walking away from them. All she had on her mind was not losing a job or else she would be landed on the streets homeless. She can't afford to go back to her mother's house.

* * *

Stepping past through the tables, seeing her very calm demeanor poised, cupping her chin, seeing her as she can see. Part of me excites that she can. But staring outside the window blankly was the thing that I always witnessed. Holding my nervousness, I walked closer to her table, hands on my back, clearing my throat.

"Good evening, Miss Ferguson; apologies; we don't have a kind of dessert on our menu list," she directly said.

"Yes, I'm aware, "she replied, a small smile escaping.

I looked at her hand; she glides the envelope at the center of the table.

"Open it, "she requested.

I took the paper out and read what was declared above. It was a receipt that came from the brand of an automobile repair shop, and I directly examined the price bottom right-side of the paper. I gently step back, seeing those figures, thinking how much the price of the damage cost. How am I able to pay for this? Holding the small piece of paper, I started to fan myself on it, releasing the tension on my nerves. I can't believe those figures written on a piece of paper.

"So, I presumed you have answered this time; I've waited the whole day for this," she said in a firm voice.

"Uh?" I was tight-lipped at the moment.

"Choose Kisses, ill file a complaint or work for me to pay the damage, still not decided yet?" She sounded superior towards me, but she has a reason to, and I understand.

"Is this blackmail?" I grumbled.

"Sit," she said, gently savoring her tea.

"Did you forget, do you? It's a deal, not a negotiation," she reminded. Placing the teacup on the saucer—like most people do.

Gazing at her, I was impressed, seeing her like that. Accustoming or remembering objects in front of her.

"Uh? Miss Ferguson, I wanted to say that I am deeply sorry for what happened to your car. It's just a freak accident. It wasn't my intention, "sincerely explained.