Chapter 08: cliche storytale

Matt's open red and black checkered flannel drowns my body as I jump out of the van, and  I'm thankful he let me borrow it – I didn't have any other jacket than the denim one and it's way too warm to wear that, so Matt let me raid his closet after admitting I felt a tad self-conscious. It somewhat crept up on me as we were getting ready to leave, but it was a quick fix.

"Babe, I'm so excited for this." Hanna says, looping her arm in mine and I smile, taking in her outfit. She's wearing a chunky choker that has a metal hoop in the middle, a massive graphic t-shirt and fishnets, her Doc's to go with the ensemble.

"We look great." I say, and she nods with a wide grin.

"Girls, do not leave me." Lauren rushes up to us, her outfit of the day being leggings and a grey hoodie which has me questioning if she's boiling under there.

"Are you not warm?" I ask.

"Yeah, but all my clothes, they, um, they kinda don't fit me, I need to go on a diet." She rolls her eyes, and I immediately shake my head.

"You're perfect just the way you are." I assure her.

"Yeah, don't do something you don't want to do." Hanna says.

"I know I could always buy more clothes, but I love the clothes I have already." Lauren says, and I mean, she does have a point. "And I need to start the gym anyway, all I do is lay about, party and eat. It's not exactly healthy."

"Meh, it's college." Hanna excuses.

"If you really want to, you can always come to Felix and Ethan's gym, it's getting more popular." I suggest, liking the idea of us working out together when Ethan's busy.

"I'll think about it." Lauren gives me a smile.

"Come on girls, this way." Felix points over to the entry sign above a massive archway, the fair alive and wild on the other side. I'm so excited to be here, I'm ready for the fun to begin.

We join the guys over at the ticket stand, and after a few minutes, Felix passes us all an neon pink wrist band, and I look at Ethan defeated.

"Pass me." Ethan rolls his eyes, and I smile as he wraps the band around my wrist, taking the sticker cover off. "Not too tight?"

"Perfect, thank you." I say.

"Hanna, pass me your hand." He offers, seeing her struggle and she smiles as he takes her wrist, wrapping the band around it. "That okay for you?"

"Yeah, thanks." Hanna says with a nod.

Ethan turns to Lauren, but Felix is already helping her out, and she has a smile on her face which is always good news.

"What are we doing first?" I question, taking in the fairground.

There's stalls, carnival games, rides – the loud music is consuming my ears, and for once I don't mind the music. Sure, rock would be nice, but the sixties Motown songs sure fits the place. Kids are running all over the place, dragging their parents along with them, there's also many teenagers, local college kids that have come here to enjoy the weather doing something fun.

"I'm a little bit hungry, so can we get some lunch?" Lauren suggests, and I nod because same, I didn't exactly have any breakfast this morning, and it's after one now. It was around eleven when I went downstairs, but once we found out what we were doing today, we sat around and discussed the plans for the remainder of the weekend, and then had to wait around for my medication, so we didn't leave straight away and time has eventually caught up to us.

"Yeah, I'm sure there's burgers or something around here." Felix tells her.

Burgers sound so good right now, I can't really pinpoint the last time I had one, but as soon as my mouth waters thinking about it, I see a little girl with a massive slice of pizza and my mind quickly changes as an overwhelming craving for some showers over me. I know I ate pizza last night and the night before, but that looks almost too good. Could I have both?