aa.s

"Can you please stop with the nagging? Ohm, I'm already old enough." Fluke rolls his eyes and decides to fix his things while Ohm's busy parking the car.

They've already arrived in their company's parking space, he's in Ohm's car because he doesn't have one. They work in the same company, anyway.

And now he's considering buying a car for himself. It's just that Ohm has been bugging him about his dating life since they left the house.

He doesn't know but this is the first time Ohm has told him to stop going on dates and that maybe, the one really meant for him is just out there, someone he will meet by chance.

"Who says I'm nagging you? I'm not." The other replied, he looks at the other as he turns off the engine.

"Yeah yeah, sure," Fluke simply utters to end the conversation, closing his bag with a bored expression on his face.

Ohm sighs before he speaks "I don't even think that it's that necessary for you to go on dates like your life depends on it? It's as if you've already dated every man in town except for us."

Fluke's eyes widen and immediately turns to Ohm, hits his thigh lightly. "Hey, that's too much! And why do you care anyway, I want a boyfriend so I'm working to have one."

Ohm goes silent and shifts his attention to the wide wall in front of them. He's run out of things to say just to stop Fluke from going on that date. There's this irritated look on his face again. He just really hates the feeling of Fluke going on dates with guys, with the chance of him to be in a relationship.

Like now, he just seems so sure about this Earth's cute friend.

Fluke seems to notice his friend's face. He turns to his side and grabs his arm, leaning closer to him to get his attention.

"Hey, are you mad?" He asks, having no idea why the other just looks so upset.

"No, I'm not." Ohm instantly denies it.

"Hmm... Are you then... jealous??"

"No--"

"Hey!!! why jealous though.... you like me?" This time, Fluke reaches for Ohm's chin and plays with it, making the latter frowns more. 

He just let out a sigh, hearing Fluke chuckles.

"Well, if that's the case, should we stop being friends and be lovers instead?" 

Hearing this, Ohm finally looks at Fluke and sees him smiling widely at him, raising brows repeatedly to tease more.

Here he is again fooling around, Ohm just wishing this to be true.

The taller one smiles a bit and then ruffles the other's hair. He feels his chest ache a little. "Not funny," He says.

Fluke frowns while fixing his hair. "Well, your loss." He mutters before he leaves the car. 

The smile on Ohm's face faded as the latter leaves.

Ohm and Fluke are best friends for almost six years now. They first met when they were freshmen and became fast friends. 

Fluke is someone extremely friendly and sweet to everyone. He sometimes flirts a lot too. Ohm remembers how Fluke would always flirt with him when they were just new friends up until the last few years, but he didn't really mind because he knows those weren't to be taken seriously.

Only until one day, eight months ago to be exact, when he was simply staring at him and cupid struck. He did not know how and why, but then he's suddenly in love. With his best friend. And suddenly everything Fluke says matters to him and affects him, even these flirty words that shouldn't really matter and don't mean anything. Ohm seriously didn't know what to do. He has never been in love with anyone. 

He badly wanted to tell Fluke how he feels, but he couldn't. He was afraid of being rejected. He's worried that Fluke will change or that they will no longer be the same. He doesn't want to lose him. Fluke clearly sees him as a friend.

And eventually, the feeling of fear became acceptance.

Just a few months ago, Fluke began going on dates with random guys. He couldn't say anything because he didn't have the right to. He'd just sit in his bed, thinking what Fluke was up to at the time. Some thoughts are painful, but all he could do was put up with it. This is the consequence of his cowardice.

All he could do was watch him and wish he could be with him when there's a chance. He's actually already overjoyed just to see him sitting in the passenger seat, or the normal days of them eating breakfast together.

He's glad that Fluke applied to the same company as him, and that he doesn't want to buy his own car, so they could go to work together.

He just acts like he doesn't like being with Fluke because that's how he teases him. And oh, he doesn't know how to be sweet.

"Ohm... You're heavy..." As they walk down the hallway together, Fluke whines, attempting to remove Ohm's arm around his shoulder. But he is unable to do so. Ohm is simply too strong.

"You need more exercise, not dating. You're so weak!"

"Oh my god Ohm, please stop with the dating thing. It's starting to irritate me."

They're behaving like a bickering couple right now, and everyone around them is staring at them, but they don't seem to mind.

It's as if they're in their own little universe. 

"Oh, here comes the couple!" The two immediately move away from each other when one of their co-employee, Sammy, greets them with a teasing tone.

Ohm awkwardly scratches his cheek before he says hello to her, while Fluke chuckles while looking at him. 

Fluke thinks it's so funny of Ohm to behave awkwardly around people he does not really know.

He also thinks of how Ohm looks so adorable when he's shy.

And the two arrived at the accounting office without saying anything because Ohm still feels shy.

"Hey, don't forget, you'll drive me to my date tonight. Okay?" Fluke's eyes narrow slightly as he points to the other, the latter nods before entering his place, not even looking back.

He settles on his space, puts his things on his desk, and lets out a long sigh.

"He's going on a date again? Tsk tsk. I'm so disappointed in you." Ohm looks up to see Sir News, the head accountant, watching Fluke as he walks away.

Ohm just answers with a forced smile before he fixes his eyeglasses and moves his attention back to his desk.

I know, I'm so disappointed in myself too. He thinks to himself.