aa.18

"That's exactly why I did not meet Earth's friends. You knew you couldn't handle being in that situation, but you went ahead and did it anyway." 

It's the next morning, Ohm knocked on the two eldests' doors to tell them what had happened. Now, Kao is conflicted as to whether he should be disappointed or pity Ohm.

The said guy is sitting across them with a worried look on his face while he is seated next to Boun as if they're interrogating him or something.

Ohm sighs and leans forward, "I just thought his friends would be a just small group of five or six and were not that messy, and wild... I—I don't know... Perhaps a part of me also expected they're like... you, guys. But it was the exact opposite. They were walking here and there, trying to get me to speak and be like them... that's when I completely lost it."

"I met those guys once, and I can tell you that Ohm isn't exaggerating in any way." Boun huffs as he tells Kao.

"I just wanted to be with him and know him better. I couldn't even recall how I ended up acting like that. I just realized it today."

Boun sighs as he looks at Ohm with such pity, "Someone once told me that just being around people is already exhausting for people like you, and you had to deal with something even worse. I obviously don't know what that feels like, but, man. At least you tried, right? C'mon, it's not like you intend to feel that way. There's nothing wrong with you." He leans in close to the younger and pats his shoulder.

"...but Fluke, last night. You could tell he was annoyed by the way he looked at me. Like he regretted introducing me to his friends, like he hates me. What do you think I should do? Should I go with him again and try to get along with his friends?"

Kao's brows furrow, "Hey Ohm, you're not going to do that. That would be good for Fluke, but what about you? And Fluke didn't even ask you to meet his friends in the first place. Probably because he wasn't even expecting you to do that. Ohm, you have to accept that you can't do it all. I'm sure Fluke will understand if there are times you can't make adjustments for him."

"But still, I just.... want to be deserving of him..."

"That's the matter with you Ohm. You're too insecure! P'Kao is right. You lacking doesn't make you any less worthy. C'mon, you're deserving. And Fluke knows that of all people."

Ohm can only sigh hearing Boun's statement.

The three men stop talking when suddenly Fluke walks into the living room, "Breakfast is ready, P'Boun, P'Kao," staring at the third person for a second, "...Ohm." a faint smile spreads across his face.

----

They had an awkward breakfast, to sum it up. Or perhaps it was only awkward because that's how they felt. While they kept silent, was unable to even utter a single word and talk with the others, the four others were happily chatting as usual.

The two are now in the car heading to work. Ohm doesn't have work today, so he's just sending the other off. He's focused on driving, while Fluke's looking out the car watching the road, anxiously rubbing his bag. None of them makes an attempt to speak, are preoccupied with their own thoughts.

Fluke presses his lips together before taking a quick glance at his boyfriend. He still looks depressed, and Fluke can't help but think back to last night when he was looking much worse than that. It instantly causes him to feel bad. Well, he didn't mean to react that way, he was just irritated at first since Ohm acted like that toward his friends and his friends started to ask if he hated them.

Until he figured out why he was there in the first place. He should've known better and gotten Ohm out of there as soon as possible but he quickly forgot about him because he was having fun.