aa.17

It's almost ten o'clock. Ohm closes the door of his room with his jacket on, he's going out to buy snacks. He notices Kao also comes out from his room, he slows down as they reach each other. Prem is sleeping over at his friends, so they're the only two left in the house.

"Hey," Kao looks at him as though searching for something.

"Phi."

"Fluke isn't home?"

Ohm nods. "He's out with Earth and P'Boun, and he said they're going out and drink with some friends... What's wrong?"

The elder one shakes his head. "I was... just wondering why Earth isn't in his room. He usually tells me whenever he goes outside,"

"....He still updates you like before when you guys were together?"

"We got used to it... It's great that we continue to do this, actually... it makes me not worry. You know Earth doesn't really think sometimes, doing this and that.."

"Why don't you two try again if you still love each other?"

He makes a few steps closer to the younger one and pats his shoulder, his lips form into a small smile. "To be together, love alone isn't enough..." He calmly speaks. "How about you and Fluke?" He then asks.

"We're fine... Nothing has changed—like we're still friends... well except now I can ask him where he is and I don't have to think about him dating someone else," he says, chuckling.

"That's... great. Almost everything changed when Earth and I were together. I used to bug him whenever he wore sexy clothes to nightclubs before, and that's when we'd get into fights. He'd always defend himself by talking about style, fashion, which I never understood."

"You know Earth, phi. If it looks good on him, you won't see him feeling even a tiny bit embarrassed. You could just have supported him."

"Yeah, I guess I was a little immature, back then. But, as far as I recall, it wasn't the way he dressed that I disliked the most, but I used that to appear a chill partner to him." He makes a few movements with his hand as he says the word 'chill'.

"Then, what was it?"

With a sigh, he replies, "I was simply scared that other guys would hit on him. We talked about that once and he told me that his friends were always with him and that I didn't have to worry, but how could I trust strangers? So he asked me to meet his friends, but I refused. But if only I'd known back then, I would have just agreed and met his friends."

"Did you break up just for that reason?"

"It wasn't because of that, but rather simply not knowing him better. He kept doing things and asking me to do things I didn't want to do, and so did I to him. I didn't make efforts to understand what makes him happy, what makes his day complete, or any other things about him. That slowly drifted us apart. It was late when I realized and now my biggest regret."

"And still, you're given another chance to change that regret into something for the better," Ohm says, tapping Kao on the arm. "Don't have to think about it more, you two have a lot of time to get to know each other, anyway, I can see you trying so hard, too."

The two continue to chat for a few minutes until a loud beep from outside their house goes inside the house, grabbing their attention.

When the two go outside, Boun is waiting for them, his car door open.

"These two drank too much they passed out." He simply says as he tries to get Earth out of the car, panting.

"Boun, get some rest already. I'll take Earth in his room." Kao tells Boun, walking up to them.