aa.22

Soft sobbing can be heard around the room, and there is Fluke, curled up on his bed with swollen eyes from all the crying he did the night before.

He's beginning to feel a little better now, but every time he remembers what Ohm said to him, he falls crying again, feeling helpless and sick. Just now, whenever he thinks about it, he feels as if his heart is going to burst with so much pain.

He can't even remember how he got home last night. His mind stopped when he heard those words from him.

He's staring blankly into space with tears falling down his face, completely unaware that his friend, Earth, has already entered his room.

With a panicked expression on his face, the guy sits on the edge of his bed and takes his hand in his, gently caressing it while looking worriedly at him. "Why are you crying, bestie?"

However, the other does not respond and instead continues to cry.

Not trying to force the other one any further, he asks cautiously, "Let's have breakfast?"

The other instantly shakes his head in response.

"...then how about I send you some breakfast here?"

"I don't want to eat..." as he turns his back from Earth.

"...do you really not want to talk about it?"

Hearing that, Fluke finally moves on his bed and tries hard to sit up with Earth's help. He sniffs a few times before he speaks.

"He..." He looks at the other before he continues, "Last night, he broke up with-" He can't keep going as tears fill up in his eyes again, and he starts sniffing nonstop as he struggles to breathe.

"Wha-why did he do that?" Now Earth seems even more worried.

Fluke becomes silent for a few seconds, as though thinking of the right words to say but all he gets to say is faint "...I was wrong..." as an answer, his bottom lip pushed forward, forming a little pout as he stares down.

The thing is, he was meant to show up on time, but his colleagues dragged him to a bar to celebrate one of their heads' promotion. But he knows he can't use this as an excuse to Ohm anymore because this is a consequence of not being able to control himself.

Earth breathes and pulls him in for a hug, stroking his back. He clearly has no idea what to say to the other.

"Earth... I don't want to break up... Earth... I love him...so much...." The other says desperately, gripping at his friend's shirt hard as he looks at him straight.

"Bestie..."

"Earth...What should I do? I don't want to lose him..." Fluke's crying pathetically as if he can persuade Ohm to change his mind through Earth.

The latter continues to stroke his back as if this will make things better, mumbling "I'm sorry..." that is all he can say. He is honestly at a loss for words but feels sad for his friend.

He just let Fluke cry for a few more minutes before he somehow got him dressed and took him downstairs for breakfast. Only because he convinced Fluke that if went to work together with Ohm, they could have a chance to talk. He is still hopeful that he can change it all.

The two head together to the dining area, where the others are already seated and eating. Fluke sits weakly on his usual spot beside Ohm with Earth's guide, his head facing down.

He hears a sweet call and glances up, seeing Earth beaming at him while preparing an omelette on a plate. Fluke tries to smile back, even if it's hard and begins to eat, even if it's only a little.