aa.e

A year later

"Hey! hey! hey! Careful! Seriously! when are you gonna learn? I don't want to die yet!" Boun shouts as he grabs Fluke's arm and holds it tightly. It's because the younger suddenly stops the car, making him feel like his heart missed a beat.

He's been teaching him to drive for two months and he's still making a lot of mistakes. Boun shakes his head, frustrated.

"Heh, don't watch me! Stop pressuring me— I make mistakes!" Fluke fights back, gripping the steering wheel firmly.

"You know what, you should really consider enrolling in a driving school instead. You won't be scolded. I don't get any fee from you anyway,"

"P'Boun!! I just told you I don't like being watched." He lets out a sigh.

"How can I teach you then? You know if you can't learn, give up. Why are you still putting so much stress on yourself? We can always drive for you,"

The boy then falls silent for a few seconds before answering, "...Because I want to be better, so when he comes back, he will be proud of me," with a longing smile on his face, the face of the person he mentioned flashing across his head.

It's been a year since Ohm returned to his parents, and they haven't spoken much since then.

Well, aside from things got somewhat awkward between them, they thought that this would be better for both of them to focus on themselves, give each other space, and grow. They only talk now when something big happens or when there are special days, they always make sure to check in on one another. Their friends would sometimes tease them like they are still together.

It was tough for Fluke at first because he had grown comfortable having Ohm by his side. He didn't know what to do or where to begin at first, there were nights when he would just lay on the bed while staring, regretting some of the things he did and said, thinking that he should've tried his best being at least deserving of his love. It was tough, but he eventually realized he didn't want to waste anything, so he decided to change himself for the better and become ready to accept someone's love fully.

he can't say he's completely changed, but he's certainly a better person now.

"P'Boun, did he tell you when he's coming back? It's been a long time..." He asks the elder, a little hesitant.

Boun instantly smiles, patting his shoulder a few times, "...It won't be long," and raises his brows to assure him. "Let's go inside now. Earth said he prepared dinner."

----

After dinner, Fluke leaves his room and walks lazily while drying his hair with a towel. He's just finished showering and is going to sleep.

Twisting the doorknob, he enters a room and hurries towards the bed, where he plops down with his face pressed against the soft blanket.

He's been sleeping in Ohm's room since he left.

He sniffs the cushion cover and rolls around a few times. He makes a small pout. Ohm's scent is no longer there...

It's expected given how long Ohm's been gone. Fluke has already laundered everything several times and has run out of blankets where he can feel Ohm. He even bought the same body spray that Ohm was using, but it still felt different. It didn't make him feel any less longing for him.

He then takes a deep breath and switches his attention to the beautiful bright moon outside the window.

"When you'll be back..." He mumbles and hugs the cold pillow beside him before sitting, turning on the lamp, getting a book on the bedside table.