Chapter 7

RECAP:

I got ready for bed and climbed back into bed, hoping for a nice, relaxing evening. Boy, was I in for a rude awakening.

Chapter 7

I was running through the woods. I wasn't sure who I was running from or where I was running to, just that I was running. I went as fast as my legs could carry me.

Suddenly, I whacked into something hard, falling backwards. I looked up to see Draco Malfoy staring down at me.

"Come on! We have to get out of here before they find us!" He pulled me to my feet and we were off again.

As we ran through the forest, I could hear people chasing us. They were getting closer.

All of a sudden, the tree next to us blew up.

"Get down!" Malfoy shoved me to the ground, draping his body over mine to protect me.

"We can see you children! Let's stop these foolish games. Young Malfoy, you have made a mistake, but I am willing to forgive you if you just give me the Potter girl," sneered a nasally voice.

"NEVER! You will never have her, I won't let you!" Malfoy screamed back.

As the figures came into view, I was able to distinguish a few. I could see Bellatrix and Snape standing behind a snake-looking creature. I knew who it was but my lips couldn't form the words.

"Fine, if that is what you wish," Voldemort raised his wand and pointed it at Malfoy, "Avada Kadavra!"

"NOOO!!!" I screamed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I jerked up in bed, looking around frantically. Malfoy came barging into the room.

"What's wrong?! What's going on?!"

I stared at him, tears forming in my eyes. He walked over to my bed and knelt on the floor in front of me.

"Mel? Melanie, look at me, it was just a dream, it wasn't real."

When I didn't look at him, he put his hands on my face and turned my to face him. I could see the fear in his silver eyes, the pain. Looking in his eyes, I thought about the nightmare again and started to cry harder. He got up on the bed and pulled to his chest.

"Shh, its okay, I've got you. Nothing is gonna happen."

We sat like that for a while, rocking back and forth, him comforting me. Eventually I fell asleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up the next morning, cuddled up against something warm. I didn't want to move, that is, until I felt it move beneath me. I looked up to see Malfoy lying in my bed, arms wrapped around my waist, holding me to him. I jumped up, shoving his arms away. He woke with a surprised look on his face.

"Huh? What's going on, where am I?" he was still half asleep.

He's kinda cute when he's all groggy like this. NO! I can't be thinking that!

"What the hell are you doing in my room Malfoy?! Let alone my bed!"

"What, oh, guess I fell asleep."

"That doesn't explain what you're doing in my bed!"

"Well, I came in last night because you were screaming. When I got here you started crying. I was sitting on the bed comforting you when you fell asleep. I just didn't have it in me to move you, so I lay down and fell asleep I guess."

I watched him carefully, looking for a sign that he was lying. As I watched him, last night came rushing back; the nightmare, him running in, all of it. I felt like the wind had just been knocked out of me. I started to fall, but Malfoy jumped off the bed and caught me.

"Hey, you okay? Melanie?" he asked my, his voice full of worry.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine." I crawled out of his arms and backed myself into the wall.

I can't let him get close, if that dream was real, then if we get close it will kill him.

"Can you just get out, please?"

"Mel..." he crept forward.

"NO! Just get out! NOW!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

A look of disappointment and hurt washed across his face. He didn't say anything, just got up and left. I watched the door; part of me hoping he would come back, the other part glad he was gone.

I tried to clear my thoughts, tears falling down my face.

Oh my god, what am I gonna do?! I can't do this! My soft cries turning to sobs. I need help!