Chapter 9

RECAP:

Malfoy stood in the doorway glaring at me. Well crap, not exactly how I wanted to tell them.

Chapter 9

We both continued to stand there awkwardly, him glaring, and me avoiding looking him in the face. He was the one to finally break the uncomfortable silence.

"You invited the mudblood here? Did you tell her I was here?"

"First of all, don't call her that. Her name is Hermione and she is an amazing witch, better than you could ever hope to be! Second, no I didn't tell her you were here, she would freak out!"

"She would freak out! What about me, I'm freaking out and you don't seem to care!"

"She is my friend Malfoy and I am not going to ignore my friends because of you."

"I didn't say you had to ignore them, I just don't think you should be inviting them here! If people know where I am, HE will find out and come to kill me. And trust me when I say, that he will kill you and your grandmother without a second thought about it!" he stormed out of the room.

I slowly sat on my bed, still digesting everything that he had just said. I guess I hadn't thought of the consequences of someone finding out about him.

I just won't let her find out; I will pretend I'm talking about someone else.

I didn't want to lie to her, but I also didn't want to put Nana in danger, no matter what was going on between Malfoy and I.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning I told Malfoy about my plan.

"So while she is here, you can just stay downstairs or something. I won't tell here about you, and she won't see you, so she won't know."

"Fine, but you are so going to owe me!"

"Owe you for what! It's my home, I'm allowed to invite anyone I want, regardless if you like them or not!"

I walked back upstairs and told Nana that I was going to wait for Hermione. Me being me, I totally forgot to tell Nana two very important details about the day:

1) I forgot to tell her what time Hermione was coming, and

2) I forgot to tell her that Malfoy was going to be hiding downstairs for the day, BIG mistake.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just as the clock chimed, signalling it was exactly 10 o'clock, the fire place lit up and Hermione stepped out. I jumped up and gave her a big hug.

"I missed you Mione! It seems like it's been forever!"

"I missed you too Mel, and it has only been a few weeks you crazy girl!"

We both laughed at that. We walked up to my room to do our chit-chatting.

"So tell me what's wrong Mel, I was really worried when I got your letter."

"Well it was a few nights ago," this was going to be the hard part, getting the story across without reviling Malfoy, "this man came by the house and was talking to Nana. His son was in danger and he wanted Nana to help protect him. Nana had known the man for years, so she said yes. The boy came by the house and we started to talk. Later that night I had a nightmare. I dreamt I was running in the forest with him, someone was chasing us. The people chasing us told him that if he gave me to them, he would be unharmed. But he didn't, and they killed him. I woke up screaming and he came into my room to see what was wrong. I fell asleep and woke up the next day in his arms. I was so confused, it was weird, but in a way I liked it. But then I started yelling at him. Hermione, What am I supposed to do?"