Chapter 11

RECAP:

I stood there holding my cheek, "night."

Chapter 11

The month of July went by without a hitch.

Draco and I were getting along much better now. Harry insisted on sending a letter once a week to make sure Draco wasn't causing trouble. The gang had come over a few times. Mione was starting to warm up to him, but Harry and Ron still didn't trust him at all, Harry especially. Now that he knew he was my big brother, he was certainly making up for the last 17 years that he had missed.

It was July 31st, and the gang was throwing a little party for Harry and I. We couldn't invite anyone because of Draco, but we were going to celebrate with everyone from school once the year began.

Draco and I were sitting outside by the pool while the others were inside. I think Ron was distracting Harry, while Nana and Mione made dinner. It was around 3, so it was really hot.

"What do you think they are making for dinner?" I asked Draco.

"Oh, I know, but I'm not allowed to tell," he grinned back. I jumped out of my seat.

"Not fair! Pretty pretty please with a cherry on top will you tell me?" I gave him my puppy dog eyes.

"Aww Mel, don't do the puppy dog eyes, please! I would tell but 'll get in trouble with Hermione and Mrs. Knight," he groaned. He stood up. We were really close to the edge of the pool.

I leaned in closer to him, "please?" I looked up at him from under my lashes.

I guess I must have surprised him by being so close because he took a step back. Not realizing the pool was so close, he started to fall backwards. He reached his arm out to grab me and accidently pulled me into the pool with him.

"AHHH!"

We fell into the pool, water splashing all over the deck. When we surfaced, I saw everyone standing on the deck.

They must have heard me scream.

Nana and Mione were laughing, whereas Harry and Ron looked furious, which I didn't understand at all. I saw Draco getting out of the pool and swam over to him.

"No way mister, you pulled me in here, there is no way I'm letting you get away so easily!"

I pulled him back into the water and dunked him. Laughing, I climbed out before he could pull me back in. Once I was out I started shivering. Harry came over with a towel.

"What the hell happened? We heard you scream, did he do something?!"

"Harry chill! He tripped, that's all. He tried to grab me for support and I fell in with him, it's no big deal!"

"Fine, I'll be inside," he turned and stomped back to the house, Ron followed.

Nana and Mione had finally stopped laughing.

"We will be inside sweetheart, don't be too much trouble," Nana smiled and she and Mione went back to the kitchen.

I heard Draco climbing out of the pool and spun to see him shivering too.

"Here, take this," I wrapped my towel around him.

Before I could back up, he put his arm around my waist and wrapped us both in the towel.

"We can share, so that way you won't be cold either," he grinned.

I was hyper-aware of his arm wrapped around me. I noticed that he was slowly leaning down to me, and I was slowly standing on my toes. Our lips were millimeters from each other when I heard someone clear their throat.